Friday, October 1, 2010

NP Swatches Galore! (pt 1)

I had a request on my last NP Haul post to swatch my NP's.. so I did... all of them! bwahaha xD I counted and I have 61 nail polishes.. that means I need to purgeeee.. hahah! So I decided what better way to see which ones I liked/didn't than to swatch them all? So it's half for Susy and half for myself.. and anyone else who likes to see swatches :)

I won't really comment on wear/etc because I haven't used all of these very recently and really have no idea... but the ones that I do know, I'll try to... but this is mostly for the swatch/color.





My paper o' swatches under desk lamp



Paper o' swatches with flash, for kicks (not sure why I included these b/c I didn't do a flash swatch shot for any other pic hahah)





LET US BEGIN!!
Captions/names will be UNDERNEATH the pic, just as a random fact haha







B = Borghese Nail Lacquer B130 "Patina Pearl F" - loved the color in the bottle b/c it looks exactly like a glowy pearl.. haven't tried it on the nails.. bought it when I was reading a lot of "OL NP" posts (office lady nail polish), or you know, at least for "office safe" colors, etc. Plus I had a CVS coupon (; haha!

OPI = OPI "Oh So Glam!" - loved it in the bottle, I think I picked it up for cheap at a Nordstrom's rack or TJ Maxx or something. A nice white with gold pearl. I tried it on my nails once but I don't think I ever took a picture, haha :X

NC2 = Nu Colour Nails "05 Flirt" - okay, so I've probably had this color for-EVER.. my mom used to (or still does?) sell NuSkin products. I don't even know if they sell this color anymore, haha -- much less what's going on with the company, etc. It's a nice ivory with a blue opalescence to it. Haven't used this color in years, but it's still really nice to look at (hoarder LOL).








LAC = LA Colors "NP415 Magnetic Force" - definitely the brightest color in my ENTIRE collection... this was a gift in a swap (: it's a really pretty coral/superbrightpink with some gold shimmer in it. I used it once and was pretty much blinded by the color LOL and it was only on my pinky, but I would get distracted by the brightness (all I saw was a SPOT of color when I didn't have my glasses/contacts).

WnW 496C = Wet n' Wild "496C Spicy Cinnamon" - very cute name. This... is probably "my color" epitomized. I don't know why.. I don't own very many things in this color but I'm always, always, always attracted to it. Rust. Burnt Orange. Cinnamon. This was my prom dress color and I. Love. This. Color. But I don't really like how it looks on my nails, haha (yes, I know I'm weird).. so this is more of a novelty color. Anyway, it looks like there are tiny flecks of gold in it. Why can't I let this color go?!

OPI GI = OPI "Glitzerland" - one of my newest purchases. Sorry the swatch is bad, but you can still see it on the edges.. a soft, light gold. Here's a better swatch on TheNailPhile (love her blog!!). Like I said, I don't particularly LOVE this color on me but I'm sure it'll grow on me if I gave it a chance :P I loveee soft golds, I look for them in eyeshadows as well (oh! maybe this is like a champagne color? haha). As for application/etc, I really like how OPI's apply and this is no different.. but the removal kind of sucks because, well.. it's GLITTER!

M = MAC "Originality" - I forget what collection this came out with but I saw it and loveddd it. A nice copper (more toned down than "Spicy Cinnamon") with gold flecks in it that are more apparent than Spicy Cinnamon as well. Of course, MAC's np formulation drives me crazy but I still love this color. Here's the NOTD that I posted up of it.. looks more like a gold on my NC35ish skintone.

WnW = Wet n' Wild Precious Metals "351 Steel" - I haven't used this color in a good 5-6 years LOL. It looks like a silver version of Glitzerland. Flecks and more flecks of glitter. It's silver but not an "IN YOUR FACE I'M SILVER!" sort of silver... you know? Since the flecks are small, it looks much more muted, which I like -- compared to another silver glitter I have which will be later on in the post (by Sinful Colors, if you're wondering).

O LLM = Orly "Lucerne-tainly Looks Marvelous" - doesn't look quite this charcoal-y on me but I still like this color a bunch (: silver sparkles make it a pain to remove but application is great, I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 coats but definitely not anything more than that. Before you ask, yes, I like metallic colors hahaha.







Before you look at these... these polishes were not meant to be swatched like this, hahaha. Sooo I also included bottle shots... figured those would be better.




O SC = Orly "Space Cadet" - looks like a straight-up purple glitter here but it is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Supposedly it's a dupe for one of MAC's new colors (something about Green.. can't remember the name) but hey, this is only $5 :P it's green, gold, pink, a little blue, maybe purple.. all at once. Insanely complex. Marvelous. Perhaps my new favorite shade, ever. If I were ever ridiculous enough, I think this would be the shade that I would purchase a backup for :P

R KZ = Revlon "KhakiZing" - my ultimate favorite-of-all-time polish, hahaha. Or at least before I found Space Cadet :P this is another color I've had forever.. and it's gotten some serious use out of it. One of my first FOTD's on blog was inspired by this color, and here's the post I did about it awhile back.. which shows the color WAYYY better. In reality, this is probably STILL my favorite color but the drying time is FOR-EVER... I tried to do a NOTD recently with it but it just did NOT dry, even with a Seche Vite top coat. Maybe I just need more patience. I still love you, Khakizing! I want to make it work between us!

S BM = Sabina "S74197 Black Mist" - got this colorrrr.. maybeee.. about a year or two ago? Gorgeous semi-sheer black with silver glitter.. did my first gradation mani with it and was complimented more than a few times. Bought this at TJ Maxx or Nordstrom's rack (I can never remember) and just could not take my eyes off the bottle, haha. Knew it had to be mine! If I can find another bottle or two, I'll def have to host a giveaway.

Z K = Zoya "Ki" - looks utterly amazing on their website, looks astounding in the bottle... but on the nail... but to be honest, this swatch kind of sucks haha. Maybe my expectations were high, I wanted it to be like a new KhakiZing but... I don't know. I'll have to give this another chance, it looks like a peacock in a bottle. Emerald green, blues, purples... maybe I don't like it AS MUCH as KhakiZing because it doesn't "flash" as brightly, since the colors in the bottle are darker. Either way, it's a nice color. Here's a better bottle pic and here's a NOTD (well, one finger hahaha).

SH 340 = Sally Hansen "340 Black Platinum" - random fact: Swarovski pearls that are this color and cream colored pearls are my favorite ones to use in my jewelry :P but I don't get to use them often, haha. Anyway... I don't think I've used this color either. But it's so pretty!

WnW NP = Wet n' Wild "467 Night Prowl" - this sort of just screams a cross between "Halloween" and "Bad Romance"... and you're just lucky I can't think of a combination that doesn't fall completely short of being a combination word/name, hahaha xD I've definitely thought of giving it up but the purple sparkles in it make me want to keep it... I can't decide!

O MPJ = OPI "My Private Jet" - as I mentioned in my haul post, this is definitely one of my new favorite colors :) you can't see the gorgeousness AT ALL but here's a better swatch! And another, via Scrangie (love her blog as well). See?! GORGEOUS! Application is great (thanks OPI) and removal is easy as well, since the glitter bits are rather small. The bottle pic shows the true brown tone but when you're wearing it, trust me, you don't even notice that it's brown.






Let me know if you want to see a nail comparison.. NOTD.. anything with these colors. and YES, there are MORE swatches coming!

7 comments:

Lulu said...

omg girl, thsi is awesome!!! i need to save this page and refer to it when i have to buy np next time! hhaha. thanks :) and also your detailed explanations! <3

Jennet said...

so colorful, lol!

- susy - said...

Lady, you seriously went above and beyond. I only meant the swatches of your most recent haulage but I appreciate this so so so sos o so sos o sosososoosososososoososos very much!!! THANK YOU.

I love dark colors...

Anastacia said...

wow! wow! so nice!

Unknown said...

I just love the way that you have chosen to lay out your swatches. It looks almost magical....like drops of rainbow! Thank you for sharing!

amynaree said...

OMG thanks for all the swatches!!! You have such a nice collection I love all the glitters and metallics, which makes me realize my collection is lacking those ..hmm must go get some hehe

Makeup Morsels said...

whoaa you weren't kidding about the swatches. How have I never seen Revlon KhakiZing before?! Do you know if they still sell that one?