Quick break from the post to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLYANNAEREE! I heart youuu :) And happy 21st birthday to myself :P haha!
Anyway, back to swatching...
ESS = Essie "Sew Psyched" - Muted... green... gorgeous. This bottle pic shows a better color representation. Easily my favorite green, and I don't usually even like cremes (as you can tell by my collection, hahaha). The green color on my nails? Yes, Sew Psyched. the other purpley color is Essie Chinchilly (we'll get there later) and nevermind my ring fingers.. or my face.. or anything else about the picture, hahahaa.O INRS = Orly "It's Not Rocket Science" - this is a gorgeous glitter.. green.. goldy.. here's a better swatch on AllLacqueredUp. Her description is also quite true, and I quote, "It’s this mossy, browned green base with gold and ivy green sparkle. It’s more flattering in person than it looks here but it’s still one of those ugly pretty shades that will probably only appeal to small group." haha! I really like it but I really don't want to. I bet this will apply just as well as its sisters (or brothers, depending on which gender you decide your nail polishes are). Definitely more yellow-based than my other green polishes.
N V = Nubar "Verde" - Okay... so... this polish REFUSES to be photographed, I swear! I absolutely love this color but you have to peer at it for awhile to see all of the flecks inside of it. It's a color that needs attention to be loved. Here's an ALU comparison between it and a few other colors. Pretty but muted. Reminds me of a middle child, waiting for its turn to be noticed... and haha if you're a middle child, I hope you know I don't mean that in a MEAN way.
E MCA = Essie "Mint Candy Apple" - one shade that everybody seems to go crazy over. I love it in the bottle, it looks so cute.. when I asked the bf what colors I should paint my nails, he pointed at this bottle and told me that's the one that stood out (that and "white", which ended up being my base coat from Essie). I don't love how it turns my hands red.


In fact, the high point of this polish for me is that it matches my camera. I liked how it looked on my pinky (yea, I'm weird) but for a whole mani? I don't know.
SC 833 = Sinful Colors "833 Show Me The Way" - I think I purchased this shortly after I saw Wicked (musical, FABULOUS!). I don't think I've used this green before (sadly) but I do love it. It shimmers, it sparkles, it's a great mid-tone green.
Z I = Zoya "Irene" - I think I've posted about this before.. wait.. yes, here it is. Here's a bottle pic and here's a NOTD (one finger). It's a really pretty color, VERY similar to SC833, but it sort of just falls flat for me. It's more muted, but not muted enough.. sort of like wearing bad ear plugs. I think I've expressed my disinterest before. Don't get me wrong, it's a great color but it's just not for me. I think it'll go on my blogsale, whenever I decide to update it.
Closer comparison of Sinful Colors 833 and Zoya Irene
Granted, Irene is out of focus but does it really matter? (haha I'm so mean! I'm sorry Irene!). Not to mention the fact that Irene now reminds me of this horrendous joke that I can't get out of my head....
Granted, Irene is out of focus but does it really matter? (haha I'm so mean! I'm sorry Irene!). Not to mention the fact that Irene now reminds me of this horrendous joke that I can't get out of my head....What do you call a woman with one leg? Ilene.
What do you call an asian woman with one leg? Irene...




O CtG = OPI "Catherine the Grape" - I think this is another Nordstrom's Rack/TJMax find, correct me if I'm wrong (ie, if someone gave it to me hahahah then I'd feel soooo bad!). It's a nice purple.. sort of dusty.. I'm having a really hard time describing this color :X ugh! It's not my favorite as it's more on the red side and more mid-tone (I really like dark purples xD) but it's still pretty nontheless. Definitely has some... pink shimmer to it. I can't find a reason to keep it but I don't find myself wanting to let it go either.

yes yes, I'm a terrible person.
moving on....
Another round of swatches that did not do the polishes justice... man, I really suck at this stuff :P so here's some more bottle pics.

Z Ana = Zoya "Anastasia" - LOVE!! If you've been reading the earlier entries, my Zoya swatches and NOTD (one nail) are all on those same two links I've been linking over and over.. so.. go find them :P hahaha. I brought this on my roadtrip/night over with the girls and one of them used it to paint her nails... it's a really pretty berry color with some hidden golden shimmer and woah, I love this color. Proooobably my favorite Zoya shade.. which made me realize that I forgot to swatch another one (argh!).
SC MR = Sinful Colors "860 Mercury Rising" - Haven't gotten to use this shade yet but it's a darkened red (the sort that I love). In fact... it's just a slightly more coppery version of SC811 (below) which I *just* now realized. D'oh.
Z S = Zoya "Shivon" - Admittedly not one of my favorite colors, at least when I put it next to Anastasia. It's gorgeous by itself but when I put it next to Anastasia, it falls flat since it's more of a shimmer versus having glitter bits (and you know how much I love glitter..). Definitely lighter and MORE of a berry shade than Anastasia. The gold is more apparent because it's a shimmer. Oh, I don't know. I want it to work but the heart wants what it wants, right?
SC 811 = Sinful Colors "811 Rich in Heart" - Darkened almost-black-sort-of-red that I love. It's a darker version of ChG 732 (below). Haven't gotten around to using it but I have to decide which one I want to let go o__O (811 vs 860).
ChG 732 = China Glaze "732 Short & Sassy" - A gift from Catherine! Gorgeous deep red with shimmer, applies well and comes off easily. It's almost blackened but less so than the two Sinful Colors. Looks like more of a berry than a true red. Here's a swatch.

Some more pics of SC 811 and ChG 732... more like a close-up of SC811 :P I'd do a comparison of SC811 and SC860 but I don't think the camera would pick up that small of a difference.
again, let me know if you'd like to see a better swatch or a NOTD or something else :) another post coming!


5 comments:
Happy birthday! :)
Happy Birthday!!
You are the cutest!!! xxx
happy birthday! love the nail polish colours
HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BABESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
<3333333333333
woooooo hoooo happy happy birthday!!
Post a Comment