SOOO as ya'll have seen, I received my Zoya Exchange polishes recently :) so I decided to do a skittles mani as I wasn't sure which polish I wanted to paint my nails with... just so many to choose from! :P
As a note, it looks like there's a "mark" on my nails, especially in this first picture below... it's just the camera in the reflection. But, hey.. believe what you want!
Onto the COLORS!
Don't worry, I'll have a list of the colors at the bottom :)
ZOYA Anastasia, ZOYA Shivon, ZOYA Zara
Now... you may be wondering, where is that BRIGHT coral/pink? Well, it's not actually ZOYA brand, it's LA Colors (the one from the "Canadian Brand Makeup" post).. therefore, I didn't take a picture of it. It's a SUPER bright coral though, somewhere between electric orange and hot pink. It's so bright, I can see it in the morning when I'm washing my face... and my vision is pretty bad.
The thumb on my left hand is ZOYA Anastasia.. plus the nail itself is pretty misshapen, so I try to avoid taking pictures of it at all times :P
So, out of the 7 new polishes I have..
MUST HAVE:
- Zara: Even my bf likes this color! And Catherine looooooooves it. It's a fairly unique purple (at least in my small collection) with gorgeous, gorgeous sparkle. This *was* a 3-coater but that didn't really bother me. Two of my nails in this skittles mani are painted this color.
- Charla: OH MY GOSH. Everyone describes this as the "light reflecting off the Caribbean ocean" or something to that effect.. and it is SO true. It's blue, aqua, teal, green, and everything inbetween. Also a 3-coater, but again, I didn't mind.
- Anastasia: Okay, one: I love the name. Two: it's beautiful! It's a cranberry-burgandy sort of color with gold sparkles in it. I tried on a nail polish at the store (I forget what brand) and it was around $11... but this is $7 and during the Exchange, only $3.50! Come on! Anyway, I love it so much I painted TWO nails with the color, hahaha.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Shivon: It's about the same burgandy as Anastasia, but it seems lighter (and perhaps more berry-like?) because the gold is more of a sheen than sparkles. All in all, pretty... but slightly streaky. Not the end of the world, but compared to Anastasia, it's definitely in second place.
- Ki: This is definitely an interesting color. It reminded me of my Revlon KhakiZing (my ultimate FAVORITE NAIL POLISH!).. and for that, I love it. BUT.. it's not nearly as awesome as KhakiZing.. and.. therefore, I cannot love it as much. In the bottle it looks great, but it doesn't seem to translate as well on the nail.
PASS:
- Irene: It's a pretty green, don't get me wrong. This is borderline "nice to have" and "pass", so I stuck it in here. I'd say it's a "pea green". Now, I don't have that many greens in my collection but if I did, I'd want it either to pop out a bit more OR be a dark-almost-black-sort-of-green. It's pretty but just not very "me".
- Kotori: I don't know if my application was bad, or this is just a superbly THIN nail polish.. it'd be great for layering (though the base color is a bit dark I suppose) or gradient nails... but... I don't know. I like 2-3 coats, otherwise it starts to.. not dry, you know? It's really pretty, but on its own, personally, not that great. I might keep it to layer on top of my Denim Chrome nail polish. I want to love it but it just doesn't "WOW" me.
9 comments:
YAY NAIL SWATCHES!! Your skittles mani is soooo cute!
I had the same problem with Kotori as Akyra... some of Zoyas darks are just really weird like that. =/
Zara and Charla look AMAZING!! :D :D :D
mmm, I want to rush out and get some skittles now!! :)
I miss painting my nails in different colors. Unfortunately it's "not professional" but I think I will let lose and do it on the last week of work :)
All the nail polishes looks very shiny! Lovely finish and lovely colors tho!
Love the swatches! Zara and Irene are so pretty :D
hehe I always get such a kick looking at photos of your "skittles" mani xP I just love the mesh of colors--everything is just so bright & colorful & happy, which I like ^_^ kekeke wowwww!! now I want Anastacia, Charla, and Zara even MORE!!! >_< haha :P
♥ caroline
wooo how cuteeee
i love the mix of colors
the skittles mani is so cute :) zara and charla are both gorgeous shades! kotori was pretty thin for me until the 3rd or 4th coat...maybe it'd be good for shimmery nail tips?
Loving the greens and purples!! Dammit now I want skittles! Thanks Sarah!
ahh that zoya zara looks awesome!
Post a Comment