Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Taking a little break

Taking a little break from my usual scheduled posts :P gosh I can't believe that I haven't actually blogged since... about a month ago!


Anyway, just wanted to take a little entry out and post a little personal... brain... barf rambling. If you don't care about reading stuff like this, just wait a few more days and another makeup/beauty post will be up; lip swatches, in fact.




Moving on...

It hit me a few days ago that in approximately 3 months, I'll be graduated.
Graduated.... done with college.
Three years of my life, gone.
Gone.
Done.
Kaput.
Over.
END.

I'm constantly reminded, and constantly freaked out. I'll forget, then I'll remember, then I'll forget, then I'll remember, wash, rinse, repeat. It's not a REAL freak-out melt-down oh-my-lord sort of thing, just a... little taste of nervousness. Not full nervousness, just that little bit when your chest feels a little funny and you're oddly aware of your heart beats but your hands haven't gotten cold yet but you're just thinking about it (whatever it is) and you're just at the cusp of the full realization of whatever it means, the edge of being nervous. Just when your stomach starts feeling it, not fully turning but you can feel your stomach. Starting.

(Someone please relate.)

13 comments:

. said...

Yaaaa it's a little weird but hopefully you're walking away with lifelong friends and some awesome stories. n_n It will be okay! I hope... as I am graduating in 11 days. o_O

Anastacia said...

Yay! Congrats for graduating!!! thats awesome!

watercoloursky said...

*hugs* its okay :) I was pretty scared of graduating too...

Think of it as the beginning of a new, exciting chapter in your life! :)

DinaXYYan said...

Congrats for your graduation! Actually I'm going to graduate in a week and I'm so nervous about it :D

Unknown said...

just relax and go with the flow! well done you made it, there's no better way then accepting things as they come. . sometimes the most unexpected things come up in life! pluck up courage.

mayaari said...

I was nervous when I graduated too, but it was one of those times when you're scared/nervous at first, but then when it really happens, it's a really exciting day - just think of all the possibilities that will be at your fingertips in a few months :)

Laura L said...

i graduated last month and I'm completely.. MAD. hunting for jobs... and then, great... I got job but I'm not ready to work.... but I'm going to work next Monday... completely freak out. I was hoping to get a job, but then I'm not ready for it...

Graduating means u are done with school, no more exams... and ready for the working world... and it is stressful....

wuzzyangel said...

Congrats with the graduating! It's a big deal girl! You worked hard, invested the years, and now it's payed off! You so deserve it!!

Don't be skurred!! It's a wonderful accomplishment. Trust me, I know.. I never finished school, so for everyone who does, I think it's a big deal!

Anonymous said...

haha babe ur too cute. ull be fine. it is weird to graduate but ull get the hang of it and actually be an "adult" (eeewwwww...i know). it is true when they say "time flies."

congrats babe, c/o 2010...woo woo

K said...

Trust me, we all went through that! What you are feeling is completely normal!!

I graduated a long time ago... I remember how weird it felt after that. No more school???? Now I have to do everything for my own sake??? ACK!!

SHIZUKA said...

i feel sad to say im still not at uni, im just working at the moment while all my friends are going thru the uni life. i still not sure of what i want to do in life so its kinda scary and sad haha well done on graduating!! be happy :D xx

Anonymous said...

Wooo! 3 months!! That must be a crazy feeling! I graduate next spring so I haven't really been hit by it yet but...I still have no idea what I'm gonna do after I grad.

ღ Caroline♔ said...

I know what you're feeling, Sarah! I still feel that way, even though I graduated! xD It hasn't even been a full month since I've graduated yet, but I'm starting to feel the pressures & stress of finding a job bc I need to be able to have some form of a steady income (part-time or full time work) in order to be able to make car payments bc I'm looking to buy a car (since I've never had one..just borrowed my mom's)!! x_X this means being super thrifty and less spending on beauty products...NOOOOOO!! :( *random note: I haven't showed my face on blogger really lately bc I broke out like CRAZY since I moved back home to so.cal, but it's slowly clearing up! Hopefully I'll get my normal skin & complexion back soon!

But anyway, I can't wait until you graduate!! We must meet up for sure this summer! hehe just let me know in advance whenever you will be in the OC area, so that I can arrange w/ my mom to use her car, since I don't know when I'm getting my car yet! I miss you!! :(

♥ caroline