Soooo about 2.5 weeks ago I met up with some lovely blogger ladies (: two I've known for awhile and two I met at pink's POW WOW~ I think you all know them, haha! SweetReveries/Caroline, xjoeybean/Joey, gianger/Giang and xtina_30/Christina (who just started blogging btw!! go say hi!). GORGEOUS and amazing ladies, I tell you~ check 'em out on twitter (first link) or blog (second link).
ANYWAY.. check out Caroline's blog if you want to read more/see pics.. 'cause I forgot my cam (go figure) and just generally suck :P plus what she wrote sums it all up.
Imperial Beauty Supply
9411 Bolsa Ave # A, Westminster, CA
(714) 775-784
We went to Imperial after lunch... and man oh man... Imperial is suchhhh a dangerous place. I'm sure the SoCal ladies have heard of it but it's a nail polish place that has Nubar for 3.25, Essie for 2.75, China Glaze for 2.75.... etc. And there is a TON of nail polish!! DANGEROUS I TELL YOU. Hahaha I tried to have some restraint but ended up taking 14 nail polishes home... in my defense... you can read how I got them/picked them out...
These two were gifties from the sneaky sneaky Giang... Caroline was asking about a good holiday red and Giang noticed I was eyeing Ruby Pumps (but I was being discreet!). And as for Fairy Dust, she bought one for everyone b/c she absolutely loves that color. Check out the close up below~thank you Giannggggggg.. sneaky sneakster, hmph. I *will* get you back! x33
btw this girl is hilarious.. she knows where EVERYTHING is in the store, down to the exact rack... can quote you prices... brings so many customers in to this store, I swear she should either own it or be an employee, haha!
The rest of the disaster..
Okayyy.. so after seeing swatches on a few nail blogs (I love to read those but they are SO dangerous, my wishlist for polishes is a mile long b/c of them!), I had to get 5 out of 6 (I already have Charla which is pretty much a dupe for the 6th color). I was worried that they were gonna be sold out so the lovely Giang picked them up for me! I pp'd her of course.. so don't go about bothering her!!
Left to right: Galaxy Girl, Out of This World, Lunar Eclipse, Space Cadet, It's Not Rocket Science
I did a mixed mani of Lunar Eclipse and Space Cadet (blue/purple duochrome and multicolored to the right of it) and got a few compliments ^^ I layered them over My Private Jet as I was out for the night (at a hotel w/ some girlfriends in Santa Monica) and wanted a darker base as to not have to layer too much... looked okay, but the mani itself flaked much earlier than anticipated, boo. I think it's probably something to do with not waiting long enough between layers OR how goopey Seche Vite was being that night, gar!
Flash only to show off the sparkles! the far left color and the 2nd to right color aren't true color representations, they're too complex hahahHaven't tried Galaxy Girl, Out of This World or It's Not Rocket Science yet... though they do look really awesome. Not completely sure why I got It's Not Rocket Science... I really like this kind of color, I think it's because it's my mom's favorite color (or one of them, avocado or lime green) and I like it solely for that reason, hahaha.
The rest I picked up while I was in store.... soooo if you only count these for the day... 7 isn't too bad of a haul~ right? hahahaa yea yea okay.
Left to right... Glitzerland, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous, My Private Jet
I didn't think I'd like brown on my nails... but My Private Jet looks SO GOOD! It also comes off the nail pretty easily too, I was surprised. Guess the little holo glitters are fine enough to where it doesn't hinder removal, which is awesome.
I had to get Lucerne-tainly Looks Marvelous after seeing it on Christina's nails.. and I had the name stuck in my head from seeing it from someone else's tweet earlier (I think it was Ria). The name annoys me to type out, hahaha.. so longgg! Gah! It's pretty on the nail but harder to take off since it's soo glittery. I sort of wish it were a darker gunmetal but either way, I do like this color :)
My least fav is actually probably Glitzerland... I don't know why. I guess I just prefer darker colors on me :P I think it'd look awesome as a gradation mani (esp around the holidays), I'm going to have to try it sometime. I absolutely love it in the bottle though... (haha uh oh, signs of a hoarder).
Left to right: Sew Psyched, Chinchilly, Mint Candy Apple
Absolutely LOVE Sew Psyched... definitely my kind of color, I love dusty greens and blues and teals and that sort of thing (have you noticed the color scheme on my photo blog and my company's photo blog? haha xD). I guess you could say this color has me... SEW PSYCHED... hardy har har.
Chinchilly is very pretty. I thought it was going to be some sort of dusty grey color when I heard the name but it's a pretty dusty purple (there I go again with dusty colors). Totally don't get the name, but oh well. Between the two, I prefer Sew Psyched but I do love my purples~
I haven't tried Mint Candy Apple but I'm thinking it was more of a novelty purchase :P I'm not too huge of a fan of bright colors on me (much less pastels). I think Caroline bought the other 3-4 that was on the shelf, hahahaha xD I'll definitely at least try it out, and be happy that I have a bottle though (ugh, I'm definitely a hoarder).
The lonely Nubar..

Verdes! Gorgeous, gorgeous. looks a little funky in the bottle but on the nail, it looks great. Here's a comparison between it and a few other colors on AllLacqueredUp.

Verdes! Gorgeous, gorgeous. looks a little funky in the bottle but on the nail, it looks great. Here's a comparison between it and a few other colors on AllLacqueredUp. Tried it on the nail but only for a bit, it looked kind of dark against the rest of my mani (um, yes. So this I have to explain... since I was out of town and at a hotel, I just replaced the nails that were chipping/etc with whatever random color so I had some weird sort of Skittle nails going on, but way less attractive hahah xD). SO! Yes. Anyway... looks like it's going to be a nice color. Emerald green with gold flecks! Hellooo vampy St Patrick's day mani.. haha :)
anyway... yea, so that's my haul. *hangs head in shame* I know my mom's gonna e-mail me and tell me I have too many nail polishes hahah! HI MOM~









12 comments:
yayyy great nail polish haul, so jealous! must visit imperial w/ giang when i visit socal!!!
I'm an impulse buyer too, lol. Great haulage! :D
nail polish whoring...i love it!!! i went yesterday and working on my post right now!!
what a gorgeous babies you've got! amsazing polishes! sounds like such fun meetup :D
wow amazing polish haul! One of the Orly shades looks just like one of the new ones from the MAC Villian Collection!
omggg i love nail polisshhhhhhhhhh Giang is such an enabler with makeup. Angelique picked up some Nubar for me from there. Nubar is pretty awesome. That ChG polish that Giang gifted you lucky ladies with looks soooOoo sparkly. It's like a glitter rave explosion on your nails. SWATCHES PLEASE!!!!!
eheh, it weirds me out when I catch my mom reading my blog xD it's kinda cute though ^^ gosh your post makes me want to buy nail polish!
My eyes nearly popped out o' me head!! WHAT A COLLECTION!!
I have yet to try any ORLY nails fings so I am really looking forward yo your swatches.
Please do swatches?
Wow, at those prices, I think I'd bring back the whole shop too hahaha xD Fab haul Sarah, can't wait to see you sport them!!
love the polishes you got - and at great prices too! I really want to pick up another bottle of Space Cadet, lol...even though I've only used it for one mani, it is seriously awesome and I know I'm going to need another bottle at some point...right? can't wait to see your nail polish posts too :)
when i first read that this place was "dangerous" i was thinking that maybe it was in a really sketchy area.... little did i know, you meant that everything was so cheap! haha! ;D i love the essie polishes!!! too bad i hvn't discovered any cheap places that sell it here!
That does sound dangerous!
I've been itching to try Nubar but it's so expensive!
Space Cadet is a really pretty color!
Post a Comment