Sunday, September 26, 2010

Foodie Feature: Los Agaves in Santa Barbara, CA

sorry for not posting!! i was at home for a bit.. then I got sick for about a week -__- but.. now I'm all good (: so yay! now, hopefully I have more stuff to post about.. haha. OH! Don't forget to enter my MotoJewelry giveaway if you haven't already (; check out the rules here.

Once the bf and I came here... we never went anywhere else, haha~ at least in regards to mexican food. Apparently it's the reason why a good majority of mexican restaurants in the area closed down? Not that I've been in SB for that long, but I'd believe that.. for sure.

if you prefer having drinks and TV's with your mexican food, you're better off at sandbar on state street.. but you've been warned! i don't really like the food there :X

ANYWAY..


Los Agaves Restaurant
600 N Milpas St, Santa Barbara, CA‎
- (805) 564-2626‎


You order at the counter, they give you a number and you find a seat




they have an open salsa bar... pretty good :) bf's fav is the avocado one and I love pico de gallo.. and I was kind of sick so I got the darker green one (forgot the name) to clear up my sinuses :P haha




chips... most of the time they're still warm :)




yumm, horchata! (though there IS one other place in town that I prefer the horchata at, to be completely honest)




cute tabletop




bf's order... he usually gets the fajitas but this time he tried the burrito mojado... and he's in loveeee, haha. OH, and keep in mind.. his house is literally 5min away from the place in houston that supposedly invented the fajita (ninfa's). and he lovessss the fajitas here -- BUT he loves ninfa's fajitas more (just to keep that clear xD haha)




what I aaaaalways get.. beef enchiladas with an extra side of rice (instead of beans.. 'cause I just don't like beans.. but the bf's dad really likes the beans here) aand extra green sauce b/c it's sooo good, haha.




YUMM just looking at it makes me hungry again




bf devouring




taking it home :)

3 comments:

Anastacia said...

Omg! more yummy shots! great! Hope you're better now!

vy.francesca.le said...

Hope you're feeling better now.
hahaha I dislike beans too (:

Unknown said...

asdfasdjflj totally craving mexican food. we've got mexican food here but it's like chinese version. hahaha! it's not as authentic as they have it there!!!