Sunday, October 10, 2010

NP Swatches Galore! (pt 4)

CG = Color Girl "430 City Lights" -

ChG = China Glaze "551 Fairy Dust" -
Talking about these two in conjunction because they're... essentially the same. I managed to get a larger drop of ChG that's why it looks a little different. The bases on both of these are clear, though the CG one looks more silver in the bottle. Here's a comparison (on the nail) from PolishGalore. Other than that... the consistency seems about the same, the holo effect is the same in both bottles.. and... maybe the CG glitter bits are a HAIR smaller and there's just a TOUCH more glitter per swipe in the CG versus ChG. The price is about the same (of course, it depends where you purchase from... I'd say on average, ChG would be more expensive) BUT I do believe it's harder to find the CG than the ChG version.




CG (gold) = Cover Girl "415 Gold Rush" - I want to call this a chunky gold glitter even though I know that it's not chunky... but it's chunky compared to, say, the ChG and CG (above). The base is clear and the glitter is dense enough to not make me want to chuck it against a wall or into the trashcan.

Here's a mani I did awhile back... like... St. Patrick's of 2008 :P when I still had round nails! I believe this was only one coat, and if I had wanted more glitter... I could've definitely done more coats (as you can see in the swatch, the glitter looks CRAZY dense).




SH = Sally Hansen "09 Disco Ball" -

SC QoB = Sinful Colors "923 Queen of Beauty" -



Top left corner...
SH SL = Sally Hansen "11 Strobe Light" - did a mani with it here. I think I keep it around for fun's sake, it's not one of my favorite polishes. It reminds me of what the sprinkles would look like on a cupcake if there was a million dollar birthday party themed as a "winter wonderland". Wait, maybe it'll look awesome as glitter tips. Okay, I guess I'll keep it around..

SC SYS = Sinful Colors "931 See You Soon" - just in case this didn't get put into another picture... it's an awesome darkened blueblack with teal shimmer in it. I haven't gotten a chance to use this one yet (starting to sound redundant huh haha) but it's WAY too pretty in the bottle to give up. It'll go great with my peacock sweater and oversized shirt with a peacock design on it :P it's just such a pretty color! And you KNOW how much I love almost-black colors..




Closer look of CoverGirl "City Lights" and China Glaze "Fairy Dust"... ChG looks more holo but it's just because it's out of focus. and a look at Sally Hansen "Disco Ball" too down at the bottom.. it may look a little purple but that's just light fall off/etc.










O LE = Orly "Lunar Eclipse" - gorgeous deep tone blue with purple glitter.. or maybe it's all glitter that flashes blue and purple (but other colors at different angles). Either way, I love this color :) it's a deep blue but it really pops (at least against my skintone). Annoying to take off but it's really worth it.

NYC = NYC "115A Skin Tight Denim Creme" - whaddya know, this is my favorite color and kind of jean :P haha. I feel like I've had this bottle for at least 2-3 years and I still love it. I wouldn't really call it a creme as it has some shimmer to it.. then again I'm bad at categorizing this kind of thing :P or maybe they meant that they made a cream out of skin tight denim?

Zoya K = Zoya "Ki" - a better bottle pic and a nail swatch is available on the two links I was adding before with every Zoya bottle I've swatched so far :P this is a color that I really want to love but it's SO SHEER. Probably better off using it for a gradation mani. If someone else wanted it, I'd be willing to give it away to avoid the heartbreak I experience everytime I try to use it :P

Z C = Zoya "Charla" - Gorgeous! I think I've made a blogpost about this before... it's a very pretty Caribbean blue... reflecting the light.. the water.... not that I've ever been there before, but it's what I imagine. Definitely one of my favorite Zoya's. Between this and Nail Junkie though... I'd have to say... I think I prefer Nail Junkie... but this is still a gorgeous and very close second.

SC 927 = Sinful Colors "927 Nail Junkie" - see below

S BP = Savina "Black Pearl" - described in the last post featuring purples




Crazy symbol (it looks like a copyright symbol.. but with a line through it.. and not quite a circle.. haha) = To be honest.. I don't know what the brand is or anything, I just know it's color "56". P.S., this was a giftie from Kay! I love this shade :) such a pretty robin's egg blue (man I hope I'm getting that color reference correct haha) with, you guessed it, HOLO GLITTER! Does Kay know me or what? (; I love that the glitter has a mix of different sizes, plus the bottle is super cute and... I just love this. The base looks a little frosty (I'm NOT a fan of frosty nail polishes because frosty = brush streaks) but on the nail it looks fine. Or maybe I'm just so distracted by the glitter that I don't care :P

NC2 = NuColour "02 Mystique" - Another one of those NuSkin colors that I've had forever. It's a really sheer lilac color with a soft blue flash. I bet it'd be awesome for gradation mani's but I don't know about the dry time, haha.




WnW409D = Wet n' Wild "409D Shameless"
WnW 409C = Wet n' Wild "409C Shameless"
Going to talk about these two in conjunction, seeing as they share the same name :P I had 409C from about 2003 or so, back when baby blue was my favorite color. 409D I received either late last year (2009) or early this year (2010) for winning a giveaway held by Katie. "Strange," I thought, "don't I already have a similar color to this?" so off I went to my collection and lo and behold.. there it was. These two are quite different though, so I'm not sure why they share the same name.
409C is a baby blue with a sliiiiight fuchsia flash to it.
409D is more of a lilac with a heavy fuchsia flash. Here's a mani I did with it.




SC 927 = Sinful Colors "927 Nail Junkie" - SO TRUE. This *is* a nail junkie color.. though it doesn't make any of the other colors less nail junkie-ish... anyway. Here's a NOTD I did awhile back. It just glows. It's amazing. I love it. Thanks Diana!

3 comments:

Anastacia said...

awe! you have so much pretty nail colors! love how looks Nail Junkie by Sinful Colors!

DinaXYYan said...

Cute mani that you did!

jilliandanica said...

i <3 that green you used for St. Patty's day! it reminds me of tinkerbell!