I felt kind of bored and lonely so I decided to do a mani (so far only on my left hand, hahaha--does anyone else get lazy when it comes to painting their dominant hand??) with one of the MANY prizes I received from winning Katie's giveaway (girlabouttown88)--she was SO generous! I came back from my vaca wondering what this HUGE package was that was sitting in the kitchen. Thank you thank you thank you :) x33 I'm glad you like my photography! ^__^
Anyway, on to the swatch~
Wet n' Wild 409D (she's real fine my 409 lalalaa) "Shameless"
This is two coats + 1 coat of Seche Vite top coat
And this picture (obviously much warmer) is a more true color representation of the pink shimmer.. definitely a medium-leaning-towards-hot-pink pink.
Of course you can't really SEE the shimmer when it's small, so click to enlarge! I apologize for the state of my cuticles and my messy application.. I even had to Photoshop a bit just because it was SO bad. It's funny that you don't notice things until AFTER you take the picture. D'OH!
Side note:
And you can see that I'm working on my squoval shape.. it was MORE squoval looking before I filed my nails, but I can't seem to stand having long nails anymore! This is now my comfortable length--probably because somewhere subconsciously I know that my nails are more likely to chip and peel at longer lengths. Boo.
Texture?
Very streaky and sort of.. globby. It'll probably be better if I thin it out, but I don't really have anything to thin out polish with since I'm not that big of a nail freak yet xD though my collection is definitely growing! I thought I was grabbing enough polish but every time, I had to redip my brush.
In contrast, when I was applying Seche Vite, I ended up grabbing too much.. and I was using the same "dipping" technique (not that there's really a technique huh? hahaha).
Though after it dried, the streaks seemed to go away.
Is it opaque?
I face my nails to my desk lamp (finger pads towards the lamp and nails facing me), I can still see streaks. But, in any other sort of light, it looks opaque.
Is it worth it?
In my collection, yes, since I don't have any other colors that are like this. I think I have a NuSkin color that's more of a pearly white with a pink sheen.. but, that's at home, two hours away. I'm definitely going to have to look into a nail polish thinner before I readily grab this for my next mani though. Definitely a pretty spring color on a budget!
What do you guys think?
11 comments:
i like this color on u
somehow though i never met u in real life, i think of you as a lilac person
is it becos of your blog layout? XD
Squoval?! LOL! Love it!! Haha!! But that is a nice creamy color! And SecheVite is the SHIT!!! ;)
LoL don't worry about the red polish you gave me. It's the thought that counts, and I'll still use it! LOL! I thinks it'd be a great V-day color! ;)
your nailpolish application is flawless !!!
Ooh, very cute color!
such a pretty lilac colour! i've always wanted to try lilac on my nails but have been scared it wont suit me :P
pretty color!
What a super lovely shade of lilac!! Suits you very well.
lovin' the pastel colors!
The color is so pretty! How are Wet n' Wild nail polishes? Do they crack easily? From what I recall, they did but I heard they got better... hehe~
LOL I have squmishappen nails! They are supposed to be square but they don't turn out square at all haha~
YES. i hate doing my nails :( actually, i hate waiting for them to dry!! but i def doo like that colour looks nice as! x
Post a Comment