Day 3... dedicated solely to... PURPLES!
One, because I absolutely love purple.
Two, because I have 11 purples (minus one purple glitter that comes later)
Again, bad swatches.. I find it hard to light properly, stupid incident angles. Most colors came out well but I'll do bottle pics for kicks. Erm, ahead of time... excuse me for not having an order, but as you saw from my original swatching paper, it went kind of crazy and not orderly (surprising for me, I know :P).



M HR = Milani "514 Hi-Res" - purple holo FUN! Did a mani with it HERE. Applies well, isn't a PiTA to take off either.. overall, I love this color :) stands out in my purple collection due to the holographic glitters. I believe this collection had 6 colors come out... I think everyone needs at least one shade from the collection! :P
ChG 733 = China Glaze "733 Let's Groove" - gift from Catherine, here's a swatch. Awesome deep purple with a fuchsia sheen to it. Applies well, comes off easily. I got compliments when I wore this xD from a 40 year old man, haha!
OPI PWAP = OPI "Purple With A Purpose" - I believeeee this was a gift from Angie (: it's a nice midtone purple with a sheen to it, not any particular color though. I absolutely love the name as well. Nice one, OPI!
SC DG = Sinful Colors "Daddy's Girl" - here's a NOTD I did with this shade (top color). Ooh this one definitely caught my eye when I was looking around at the pretty massive Sinful Colors display at Walgreens (in Goleta, if you're wondering). Deep blue-toned purple with hidden glitters in it... the bad thing is that you either need a base color or many, many coats for there to be no VNL (visible nail line). It can also look kind of flat, but under the right lighting (like direct sunlight), it looks AMAZING. If you want to take the extra effort, it's a great color to have.
S PP = Sabina "Purple Passion" - here's a NOTD I did with this shade (base color). Lovely dark blue-toned purple with a slight pink sheen to it, though it's fairly subtle. It's pretty much a perfect base coat to SCDG... OR on the other hand, if you don't like glitter, this is a great shade. Between the two, SPP has better color payoff with less coats, but I just love the hidden glitters in SCDG... aahh, I can't really choose!
SH OC = Sally Hansen "Opulent Cloud" - I hate how this applies but the color is gorgeous. It's a dusty purple with a pale golden sheen... how pretty does that sound? Love hate with this color. Love hate. I believe this was a gift from Catherine, who also has a love hate relationship with it xD
M LnF = MAC "Love & Friendship" - also a gift from Angie :) it's a dusty rosey purple. Dusty rose? Dusty purple? I suck at color descriptions. It's actually quite surprising to me... I didn't think I liked this color at ALL (haha sorry Angie) but then I tried it on and there's just something about it that charms me so, so much. MAC formulation, you suck. This color, you rock.
E CC = Essie "Chinchilly" - I don't understand the name of this color... chinchilly.. it reminds me of... a cold chinchilla? A chilly chin? LOL. Either way, it's a great color. If you remember my ridonkulous picture that I used as an example of Essie Sew Psyched... this is the other color on my nails. Dusty purple. Love it. I can see why people like it so much :) and I'm glad to have a bottle of this for my own!
O GG = Orly "Galaxy Girl" - excuse the tip wear (I forgot to wrap the tips, I also didn't use Seche Vite and I was particularly itchy after spending a few hours in shorts and a tank top at the park that had a large lake -__-). ANYWAY. This color... is interesting. I love it, but only at certain angles. I'd say this nail polish has a case of MYSPACE ANGLES. No, seriously. Look at the first pic.. it looks kind of "blah" maybe like a 4, no? But when you turn it, it suddenly becomes a 9. My. Space. Angles. And for this reason, I don't particularly LOVE this polish... until it sends me a sexy picture from that particular angle.

Well, I suppose I could describe the color. The base looks sort of berry-ish and it has fuschia and purple and blue sparkles, but it looks predominately berry with blue glitter. Goes on well but it's a pain to take off, just FYI.O OotW = Orly "Out Of This World" - now this is a color I love. Dark purple with glitter... with the color changing depending on where you look at it from. It's more red toned than, say, Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl... and it applies better. The glitter shows up better. In fact, if I had the heart, I'd probably get rid of Daddy's Girl but I just love the name so much.... anyway, I haven't used Out Of This World on my nails yet but I'm going to assume it works just as well as its sisters in this collection.
S BP = Sabina "Black Pearl" - Another beautiful find at TJMaxx/Nordstrom's rack (I really need to remember which I bought it at. Anyway.. why it's called Black Pearl, I have no idea but I don't really care because I love this color. It has a teal base with purple shimmer (it's not a strong shimmer though), best of both worlds (I also absolutely love teal). Love this color on my nails. I can't remember about application but I'll assume it was easy to take off at least :P
Woah, that's a lot of text. Here are some bottle shots :P and as always, feel free to request more swatches and/or a NOTD or what have you.
4 comments:
Ohh thanks for sharing all these lovely swatches Sarah! I really want Orly Galaxy and everything from that sparkly/ duochrome collection. I think one is supposed be a dupe for one of the new MAC polishes from the VV collection.
oh man, this post for me was like a candy store. purple is my favorite color!!!!! So many pretty colors *sigh*
I loved your description of Orly Galaxy Girl "myspace angle" HAHAHHA omg SOOOO TRUE!! i'm going to start using that. Thanks!
I love purple too! Thanks for the swatches :)
isnt it always tough to pick out which nail polish to wear? hehe
Post a Comment