Friday, June 11, 2010

Iroha Uta blotting sheets

As ya'll may remember, my mom bought me a BUNCH of different blotting sheets about a month or two ago (hard to remember... I'm writing this post on May 10, LOL). So, here's my thoughts on all of them... sporadic, not REAL review type, but, hey :)

She purchased them all at Marukai market -- like the Costco of Japanese stores. Requires membership, carries TONS and TONS of things. I personally prefer going to the HUUUUGE one in Torrance, though there are other locations.

ANYWAY.. ya'll also MUST know at this point (unless you're a new reader, then.. hello!) that I absolutely LOVE blotting sheets.. I often forget to carry them, but when I do, they're awesome. My skin can't seem to be satisfied with any certain skincare routine I've tried so far, and I would definitely try other things, except for the fact that I'm a STUDENT and have other priorities than oily skin (I put acne care and sun care in front of skin hydration.. weird huh?).

Either way.. before you continue reading.. I must warn you, today seemed like a particularly oily day. So, if you're grossed out by..... gross things.. or even REMOTELY gross things, don't continue reading :)







The packaging... simple, cute, effective. If someone saw this in your purse, unless they could read Japanese (or Chinese, since there's kanji on there...), they wouldn't be able to tell what it was.





The backside along with my mom's note of the price (haha, yes, she does read my blog on a regular basis). $3.98 for a pack of 100, not bad!





Backside once you take it out of the plastic sleeve. This is the typical stiff-paper-sleeve that MOST blotting sheets come in (including the CVS/Clean and Clear ones).





The paper inside is slightly green.. I'm assuming to match packaging. I can't really read the writing.. that may indicate otherwise.





The first sheet.. hahahaa, it was just too good to not show you.




All of the sheets that I used.. YES.. today was a severely oily day. Darn you constantly-changing-weather-of-California~!







Either way....
Do these work? Heck yes!
Do they work well? Heck yes. My skin feels like what I imagine "normal" is.
Is it worth it? For the price, yes. If you have to go scrounging around to find it, no.
Texture? Sort of like... wax paper, but slightly thinner. You know, that.. crinkly..



You know? It's actually kind of odd, doing "reviews" on blotting sheets. I mean, they're all bound to work (except for one that I reviewed, in this entry). And it's not like I could exactly MEASURE my skin's oiliness so I never know if the sheet is particularly effective or if I'm just super oily that day.

ORR maybe I'm just going about it the wrong way? I don't exactly have a scientific method xD

Maybe I'll use a brand/type a day, then compile it all. Who knows.

Any tips?

5 comments:

Anastacia said...

wow! that package looks soooo pretty! seems like the sheets works nice too! totally grabbed the shape of your nose :P

wuzzyangel said...

LOL!! Our Marukai down here isn't as well stocked. They have some things but the beauty section is small. Plus we don't get a lot of the candies too. It seems like Mitsuwa's up there will always be best! I need to get to one! LOL!

K said...

Use all the ones that your mom got you and tell us which one you liked best! Who cares if it's not scientific!! No one's review is THAT scientific, anyway!!!!

According to what I can see from the packaging, it's made from bamboo and it's supposed to help with any bacteria on your skin (??? I guess they mean like acne?)

Living in Socal and at your age, I would put sun care / acne care > hydration as well!

Ummmm some packets of blotting papers might also want to relocate along with that Visee palette... hahaha

Bijin Blair said...

I find blotting films to be more effective. I had to use 4-5 pieces of blotting paper whereas I only use a piece of blotting film! Got a scare when I used the paper version for sure lol =.=

fuzkittie said...

Nostrils! LOL!!!!