A couple months ago, I was lucky enough to win a packet of TATCHA Aburatorigami from Phyllis over at MakeUpForLife.
I've always preferred using Japanese-brand blotting sheets because it just seems to work the best for me. I've given a few a try.. some by NuSkin (which work pretty well, but is kind of hard to get a hold of).. Shiseido (sent to me as a gift).. and the CVS brand ones (equal to clean and clear??) that seem so popular.
If I had to rank them by how well they worked, I'd probably say Tatcha/misc Japanese brands, NuSkin, CVS, then Shiseido. But hey, my face is a total oil slick ;P
I took pics of the sheet as I used it (prepare to be grossed out--possibly--the bf was grossed out when I was taking pics of it and asked why in the world people would want to see a used blotting sheet, hahahah). I've been meaning to do a comparison but I kept forgetting! Sorry! So you'll just have to wait... maybe I'll post more of these things as I go ;) haha.
Whoops. Found the little packet. The brand is called Hiyori and the sheets have more of a gold/beige tone to it, so maybe the gold is more ingrained in it. I happen to have the purple pack--I don't know what the differences are (gah! need to up my Japanese-reading-skills!). I bought mine in JP for 500YEN in Kamakura, if you were wondering -- but I'm sure they can be found all over JP.
PRICE-WISE
The price may be a little steep.. $12 for a packet of 30, or $30 for a packet of 90 (technically 3 packs). That works out to be either $0.40 each or $0.33 each. But hey, they always have free shipping! And if you're into appearances, the packet is quite cute in my opinion... and the sheets themselves look the most luxurious. If you're impatient with waiting for shipping, you just might be lucky enough to have a retailer near you that sells them -- they have a list of retailers on their website.
The price may be a little steep.. $12 for a packet of 30, or $30 for a packet of 90 (technically 3 packs). That works out to be either $0.40 each or $0.33 each. But hey, they always have free shipping! And if you're into appearances, the packet is quite cute in my opinion... and the sheets themselves look the most luxurious. If you're impatient with waiting for shipping, you just might be lucky enough to have a retailer near you that sells them -- they have a list of retailers on their website.
CVS is $5.99 (at drugstore.com) for 50 sheets = $0.12/ea
Shiseido comes in at $17.00 for 100 sheets = $0.17/ea
And.... of course I can't find a price for the NuSkin ones (sorry!) = N/A
Hyori comes in at 500YEN for... gah, no idea how many. It doesn't say on the package!
However... I think you get what you pay for!
It seems like the CVS ones work their best in really oily spots... because whenever I blot, it seems to work in patches. Shiseido.. I don't know. It just doesn't really seem to work for me; I use them and still feel a little slick; maybe it's a mental thing because I don't see the oil on the sheet after I blot. I remember the NuSkin ones working well but of course I can't find those anywhere (hey mom! I know you're reading this.. go buy me some more NuSkin blotting sheets! haha).
And you can SEE how well the Tatcha ones work!
The Hyori ones work well but hey, they're located in Japan and their website isn't exactly English-customer-friendly. I'm not sure if any websites like SaSa/etc carry them, but I can't seem to find them... especially since Hyori is also a popular Korean singer/actress, haha! Maybe if you had a hook up in Asia (specifically Japan), you could get your hands on some. But, I also remember them not being cheap either.... quality, man! Quality!
REPURCHASE?
If I had a few extra bucks laying around, I would definitely shell them out to get me another few packets of TATCHA Aburatorigami!
However... if you're on a budget, the CVS ones will work just as well, perhaps you just have to be more patient than I am xD I hear SaSa carries a grapefruit scented Clean and Clear one -- check out Mayaari's blogpost for more info! I found my C&C blot sheets at my local CVS (buuuuut I did snag the CVS brand ones... because if I spent $10 in CVS products, I would get $3 ECB... hahaha). Thooouuuugh I hear they're quite popular, so you may have trouble finding them, haha.
----
I wanted to take a second and thank all of you lovely readers ^__^ I noticed I just broke 200! Thank you thank you! I'm waiting to get a little bit of money, but I do want to have a series of small giveaways. I'm thinking they're going to be more existing-comment based (aka to the LOYAL readers)... I know there are people out there who just follow people in hopes of gaining readers themselves.. and people who comment on giveaways just to get free stuff--!
Anyway.. to you loyal readers/commenters.. thank you! Keep your eye out for the details in my future posts (; I doooo like observant people!
---
Disclaimer; TATCHA sent me this packet for my own use, expecting no review or anything. I won it through a contest from another website (MakeUpForLife.Net) who also has no expectations of a review. These comments are my honest opinion.
8 comments:
Hmmm, interesting - is it powdered? I like the Boscia ones best, and they're *so* worth it when they were $4.50 a pack at Sephora! (There's 100 sheets, and they're about twice as big as the Clean & Clear ones, though they absorb less oil, but they absorb better and don't strip, imo).
I should say that the cheapest drugstore blotting paper will be clean and clear, I just love it soooo much! but I've yet to try Boscia yet, people raving about it!
congrats on the readers! also clean and clear are pretty good, I dont use them enough though to know if its really making a diff because I dont really sweat too much on my face.. bt everywhere else yes lol
aww its so tempting!but the price is too steep!
hehehhe
my face is also like oil mining!lol
Wohoo for 200!! :)
Whoa that's one big blotting paper! LOL! I love the C&C ones, but they're too expensive. $7 for a pack.. uh HELL NO! I use this Jap brand from Longs.. when it goes on sale I can get it for under $2. It's just like the C&C ones. Can't remember the name.. lol..
But I find that Starbucks & CoffeeBean napkins work just as well! ;)
That is huge oil blotting sheet :)
My favourite is Clean & Clear the pink one
i only use one type of blotting paper..its a film more than paper though
in a pinch, i'll grab a toilet seat cover thing and use that as a blotting sheet. I think no matter what primer/foundation/powder combo i use, my forehead and nose will be oily by noon...but the C&C blotting sheets help get rid of the shine better than other blotting papers I've tired. papier poudre was nice (pressed powder and blotting sheet in one)...boscia sheets were okay, but sometimes i'd use 2 sheets..and quite a few useless random brands, but I always have some C&C sheets around :)
Post a Comment