Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Crazy Colors!

Using the GOSH Toucan quad, I decided to do a crazy EOTD.

APPLICATION:
Yellow in the middle of the lid, slightly flared out to either end.
Aqua for the top inner and top outer corners..
Blue for the outer V (top and bottom).
Green for the inner bottom corner.







Without eye primer, using the sponge-tip applicators.

I'm usually not a huge fan of the sponge-tip applicators, and this was no exception, hahaha. The top lid part seemed to be okay, but I'm just not practiced enough to make the fine lines on my bottom lashline... plus this applicator seemed a little more wobbly/less well made than other ones I've tried. Great for smokey looks though, no? Hahaha.





With MAC Painterly paint pot as a base and my own brushes.

The main thing that I noticed is that the aqua color... actually stayed aqua with a primer. In the top pic, it looks like I just used the green and completely forgot about the aqua (especially in the outer corner). Weird huh? I do have to say though, my outer corner deep-blue application looks MUCH better in the top pic... I probably should've used a different brush. Ah, well. Other than that.. the yellow seems a TOUCH brighter without primer (weird!) but that's only in the photos, in real life they look equally bright.

Overall, I'd probably still recommend using an eye primer.






Showin' off my skittles manicure... some "OH EM GEE.. NO SHE DIIIDN'T" faces, hahahaha! With and without glasses, just for kicks.

note: more like OH EM GEE i forgot to use the meteorite liner!! -___-






Hope you enjoyed! Let me know if you want to see a tut for any looks... I can't promise they'll be awesome, but it's a start :)

15 comments:

DinaXYYan said...

Love the colors! Looks so rainbow-y :D. And your nails are looking fab too :)
ryc: Aww, thanks! I might have to consider to do schedule post when I'm free too :D

Leenda said...

Nice EOTD! I also like your skittles nails. =]

Anastacia said...

Those Gosh eye shadows looks really nice and bright! Totally exciting look! Yay! Your nails looks very fun too :P

Hahaha~ you're right! I'm very exciting about my healthy hair now.

Anonymous said...

YAY babe u should do more crazy colors. love it

Anonymous said...

I loooove it! Those colors together are BOMB! (>_<) You've inspired me to try my own hand at vibrant colors... :D

Iyah Love said...

That's so cool! I can never pull a colorful eotd but you did it beautifully ^^ can't wait to see you at the pow wow :)

mayaari said...

so briiiiiight :) you wear those bright colors well!

wuzzyangel said...

OH EM GEE!! So cute! So rare to see you do brights like this! I love it!! And it matches your skittle nails! LOL! :)

Haha! Oh no you didn't!

wuzzyangel said...

OH EM GEE!! So cute! So rare to see you do brights like this! I love it!! And it matches your skittle nails! LOL! :)

Haha! Oh no you didn't!

Unknown said...

WOW POP nooo BOOOOOOOM of colour.

I am loving this and I think brights suit you ever so much.

CHAIGYARU said...

how colourful and cuteee!!! ^_______"

Lulu said...

oo so colorful and fun looking! and your nails too :) love it :)

watercoloursky said...

i used to have that quad too, the colours are bright aren't they? :) and your nails are pretty awesome!

Unknown said...

oh no she dih-ent! skittle colored manicure and toucan eyes. love it.

ღ Caroline♔ said...

oOoOo! such a bright and colorful summery look! It's so tropical looking and really reminds me of the beak of a toucan for some reason! ^_^ I think you did an awesome job & pulled it off beautifully! hehe I always love your skittles mani bc you choose the best colors! When they have the Zoya trade-in again, I MUST get those colors you got! :D

♥ caroline