Wednesday, May 20, 2009

quickie

- broke my "no buy".. at cvs, sephora.com (10% off -- use YG85P -- thanks angie!) and imomoko (10% off for the month of may, use "luvmomoko"). though i don't think no buys are the best thing.. i don't feel the need to buy compulsively, so it's not like i'm controlling an urge or anything. plus the stuff i bought wasn't stuff i already had in my stash (eyeshadows, lippies). i think it was a very justified buy, and i even took stuff out of my cart that i reasoned out. 


so HAAAAH! i got myself past the point where i was eyeing everything in the beauty aisles of every drugstore i went into. to the point where i'd make up a basket online, then sleep on it, go to it the next day, sleep on it,  go to it again then decide if i wanted to ACTUALLY buy it. CONTROLLED buying, not NO BUY.. because no buy could lead to buying binges.



- someone actually came to see our apt today! she seemed very cool, very willing to move in (if she finds a roomie). took an application and everything :D was supposed to have some other people look but they decided not to come today.. and didn't tell us until we called them. ANNOYING! at least give us a courtesy call!! :( hmph.



- got a pretty good night's rest, finally! the bf's coughing keeps me up and plus him being sick in general is making me very maternal so i guess i turn into a light sleeper vs my regular "log" sleeping.. HEHEHEE. you know what i'm talking about?

the bf went to the doctor's around 11:30 so i slept until around 1:30pm.. heh. had class BUT.. it ended up being canceled! sweet. 

also been waking up in the MIDDLE of dreams.. so that can't be good in terms of waking up feeling well rested :\ any solutions?



- the bf took our check to the new place today.. deposit+rent. phew. plus we MAJORLY cleaned the apt (with the roomie's help) to show off to people.. plus.. yea. hahaha. took down some pics (have a collage of my cherished high school memories).. bf boxed his dvd's.. kind of sad! which reminds me..



- if you are for WHATEVER reason, now or in the future, thinking of sending me a package.. if you haven't already done so, PLEEEASE contact me for my NEW address! i don't know when any new renters would want to move in and i would hate to have the package sit at this current address (plus the hassle of them having to call me, etc). my online orders are being shipped to the new place. i may be overthinking when i included this point, but it's fairly valid, no? :)



- if you haven't already, please leave your two cents in on this post about foundations/concealers



- i'm at 74 followers! and 33 on motojewelry! SQUEE! thanks so much for your support guys :D i'm thinking of maybe having a giveaway or contest when i reach 100 (and have the funds to do so)? and a discount when i reach 50 on motojewelry? HMM! that's something to sleep on ;P



- NO i did NOT get around to using one of the bb's today.. since i slept in.. and was generally feeling fairly lazy, i did not put a face on. sorry!! but definitely tomorrow :) for you international readers or late sleepers, any requests of which bb i use first? your choices are: liole, liole waterdrop, hanskin gold and l'egere waterdrop. 



g'nite ladies :D x0xo!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wake up in the middle of dreams too, not that I'm a light-sleeper but I still get frightened of nightmares like a little child haha Anyway, not sure how to remedy this. I find that Chamomille tea is soothing, supposed to help you sleep. Also, warm milk, though I try to stay away from dairies. x) Isn't the Liolle one featured on Pink's blog? Oo nice~

Anonymous said...

I'm so tempted to buy a whole bunch of stuff at Sephora but I have to restrain myself...the downside to getting a car...but having the car is wonderful!! :) Yeah! I loooove the BlackBerry phones...they're so useful to have and it makes life much more convenient. :) I think it's definitely worth the price. :)

Kim said...

haha no buys never work out for me either, the most i try to resist the more i want!
Thats good news about the apartment :)

Chrissy said...

I agree that no buys (OMG i typed noboys LOL) lead to buy binges...and for me that's never good!! Considering I am a very very impulsive buyer.

I'm glad that you've leveled up to controlled buying. Lol.

LipStick Staiin said...

i think its hard to go on a "no buy" i dont think i can do it lol

-jeSMakeup

fuzkittie said...

Stupid no buy! Go to hell!! xD

Unknown said...

I admire you for doing what you do: selecting what you wanna buy, sleep on it, think again if you really wanna buy it. Me, I just go online, click click click, before I can think to unbuy anything, I already pressed the checkout button. It’s a problem. So much so that my friends actually advised me to promise them i wouldn't go shopping for a month otherwise there would be financial consequences (buying them all drinks the next girls night out) im sad to say i broke that promise 21 days in. Hahaha! :P

Catherine said...

Sarah!!! How can you not tell us what you bought??? =P

But good job! I'm trying really hard to just not shop online b/c it's wayyy too easy to click-click-click and then ... spend like $200+ in 5 minutes LOL. I totally agree with you though, that no-buys don't work and just lead to binges. I am the same way.

Anonymous said...

that is why i never go on a no buy! i did it once and it's only for a week and i feel utterly depressed that i didn't have the courage to blog *lol* i think buying something once a week would be nice. i think buying e/s or lip gloss could reduce craving *w*.

as for concealers, since I have icky blotchy skin I use TFS green make up base first then, mineral concealer in green then i cover it up with the a concealer 2 colors lighter from my skin to cover the spot. then i just put on my powder foundation. hehe.
Salicylic acid (grr. i spelled it wrong last night must edit) helped my face a lot! O: would you believe i am just using it for 2 days (3 times a day though hehe. i am anxious for results) it stings like hell but it works! :D i don't know why but even my enlarged pores got smaller ^_^ my comment is turning into a novel lol better stop here~ hope this helps <3

wuzzyangel said...

I'm trying real hard on my no buy! But I hear ya... It makes you go a little stir crazy!! LOL! I think I'm gonna break it soon though... need new mascara! LOL!

Glad that someone was interested in your apt! And how rude of those other peeps to not even call to say they weren't showing up! >_<

Hopefully the bf gets better! & yay for cancelled classes! :)

ღ Caroline♔ said...

kekeke you were so excited to break you no-buy! mwahhahaha as excited as i was when i told you i bought your stuff! >:D yay for your bf no longer sick! that's always nice! i get worried when my bf gets sick too...but thank God he has a good immune system so that he can be around me since i'm the one who's always getting sick! lol. i want to haul at sephora...but can't...must use $$ to pay off cc!

Anonymous said...

hehe, squee sounds like a really funny sounding word to me!

also, thank you for all those letters and such. love snail mail! (:

Anonymous said...

i like the last photo of you (: