as many of you knowww.. i'm looking for an HG foundation/concealer combo! sooo, my question to you is:
- do you prefer to apply with your fingers or with a brush (what brush)?
- and do you have a HG method/product of lightening scars?
BAREFACE!! euww. broke out a little (no sleep/stress/unhealthy eating).. oh and don't mind my lip. i have a bad habit of peeling at the dry skin aaand.. therefore stuff like that happens.
my facts/needs:
- nc 35-37
- oily t-zone, rest is the face is fairly normal
- lots of acne scars on my cheeks
- i prefer a dewy finish over matte BUT i will be using bb cream underneath, so matte may not be an issue.
- i usually don't have a big problem with under eye circles BUT it's always a plus just in case.
- have a birthmark(?) on my upper lip which i find totally unattractive
- i LOVE the light feel of bb cream (currently using skinfood mushroom bb)
- i would PREFER something in my price range (college student AND starving artist).. but if it's something TO DIE FOR, lemme know! i'll consider it ;) and will hopefully be able to get a sample (somehow) before i buy a full-size.
- a flawless face! T T; i take care of my skin and it rarely breaks out now.. just.. i can't seem to get rid of my scars. i've been using CVS scar gel, and am thinking of using mederma instead.. but if i can find another product, i'm willing to give it a try. i've heard: korres wild rose mask, laneige star white spot essence (but it's discontinued!).
i've tried:
- dior nude 31 foundation ; i like how it feels like a BB, but i don't find that it gives me enough coverage. also it's a bit pricey.. BUT if i can find a good concealer to go with it, i just may splurge and get a full sized ;)
- "*magic" by prescriptives; i like that it's very easy to apply (stick) but.. it doesn't give enough coverage. am i not using enough?
- maybelline instant age rewind double face perfecter; i like how it applies, feels very light, doesn't clog up my pores, is in my price range.. but i'm willing to try something new.
- neutrogena 3-in-1 concealer for eyes; gives me pretty good coverage but i feel like it's a little too heavy and if i don't watch out, it becomes cakey and apparent that i'm using a product.
i haven't tried
- colored concealers
- any with "reflective" properties (i assume that's mainly for undereye circles)
eyeing to try:
- korres wild rose mask
- laneige white star spot essence (if i can find any)
- NYX concealer jar
- sonia kashuk hidden agenda concealer set
- MUFE 5 camouflage cream palette
- DHC Q10 moist color base
- maybelline instant age rewind cream foundation
- revlon colorstay makeup with softplex
- covergirl advanced radiance restorative cream foundation
and uh.. the ones on my wishlist ;)
^ heard anything about those products? lemme know! :) or even better, shoot me a URL/page with a review of the product.
thank youuuuuuuu!
* EDITED: added some pics to show you my process/results. for those of you with easily troubled stomachs, please advert your eyes and scroll down to the bottom QUICKLY to see my "doll-face" FOTD.
click on it to make it larger. this is the "evolution of my face", labeled. and yes, if you're wondering, i have a slight lazy eye :(DOLL-FACE FOTD!
as long as my face was done, might as well put on more makeup right? hahaha ;)
decided to break out eki's hair pin ;) it's adorable, right? GO BUY FROM HER! so many blank stares! hahahaa. had FUZ'S TUT in mind but i didn't copy it very well.
USED;
BASE:
- skinfood mushroom bb cream
- maybelline concealer, neutrogena concealer (side w/ mole)
- maybelline dream matte powder
MAKEUP:
- MAC dollymix blush (from sher!)
- MM palette br799 (one on sale in my blogsale!).. lt pink on top lid, midpurple on bottom. of course you can't really see it, i wasn't trying very hard.. it's late :( of course the little purple i used made my bottom lid look a little bruised. it's not like that normally ;)
- MAC "creme d'nude" on lips, topped with DIOR clutch pink (from kristine!). my fav nude lippie combo :D
- no falsies, no mascara, no eyeliner. like i said, it's late (yawns) x(
another question;
how do you clean your falsies after you've gotten mascara/glue on them??
i have a few new falsies sets and i don't want to use 'em until i know how to clean!!
28 comments:
OK, here's my recommendations for your oily/pigmented skin.
First, you need a corrector for your scars, before you put on your concealer. I recommend Bobbi Brown Corrector. For your undereye circles, use a yellow-toned corrector, like Benefit Lemon Aid.
Concealer: You need something heavy duty. I recommend Kevin Beautymaker Aqua eyes concealer for under the eys. On your acne scars, I recommend Bobbi Brown Creamy concealer kit with the matching powder to set the concealer.
Foundation: Use an oil-free foundation. I would recommend Castledew Watershot Foundation. Since you are wearing a lot of concealer, you don't want a heavy foundation too.
Use a loose powder to set. I recommend MAC Blot Powder.
Good luck! Cute Kawaii look!
You still look great to me! Seriously!
Moisturizer first, but you know I'm on a mission to find a newer better one. I use bb cream right now it's either Skinfood Mushroom or the Lioele. Concealer under my eyes is NYX Concealer in a Jar in Beige. I don't know what my MAC shades are so I can't compare. But I like the NYX! Creamy and blendable & buildable.
Then on top of that I use the MAC MSF Natural & I use that to conceal everything else. And that's my base face. During the day I touch up with blot paper & MAC Pressed Blot Powder.
And your Doll Face is super KAWAII!! Especially with Eki's hair piece! :)
wow whatever you used does cover up pretty goood!! i dont have a favorite. im alergic to almost everything so still tryin new things i guess.. until i find the rite one.. do u use a toner? u should.. neutrogena action dual toner helped me with my pimples a lil... but could be diff from everyone... and cute FINISH LOOK!! all dolled up.. gorgeous!
-jeSMakeup
Hii, new reader to your blog. I would like to address your question about concealers for acne and hyperpigmented marks: I have had acne and have been impressed with Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer. You can get it at Sephora. It's very opaque and covers spots and blemishes well, doesn't cake if blended well, and doesn't cause further breakouts. I highly recommend it. I've tried a few of MAC's concealers in the past, Bobbi Brown's concealer, and just recently Kevin Beautymaker Concealing BB Cream, and I think Makeup Forever Full Cover still tops them all in my opinion! xD You can use fingertips for application or a synthetic brush, based on your own preferences. I personally use a brush, cos it's faster. I'm currently using the MAC 252 as a concealer brush. You can try the 242 for more precision. The MAC 252 was my first concealer brush cos a MAC makeup artist used it on me, this was before they released a concealer brush. Anyway, MUFE Full Cover is my favorite concealer so far. I'm on to my 3rd tube already. It's good stuff!
And oh, sorry for the double-comment, but for lightening scars, have you ever seen a dermatologist for this? Retinoids are supposed to smoothen out your skin texture, and I've had and am having good results with this. You can get it from prescription or over-the-counter. The otc retinoids are less potent than rx ones. It takes about 4-6 months for you notice results though. For skin lightening creams, I find Paul & Joe Whitening Emulsion very effective, it does brighten your skin as it promises. I don't think you should invest in Mederma, it smells awful and doesn't do that much of a difference. It's irritating as well. You can wash off glue and mascara from false lashes by running it under warm water after a bit. You should be able to peel the glue/mascara off.
oooh Sarah... youre good lookin ALLL of the time.
Sarah! You don't look bad barefaced at all! A lot of girls have hyperpigmentation and a bit of scarring. I think you should be really proud that you're taking that good care of your skin. =)
My top recommendation for scarring is The Body Shop's Vitamin C overnight treatment. I have pretty minimal scarring/pigmentation, but this stuff is excellent at resurfacing. It gets rid of whiteheads like nothing else I've tried. My friend T, had a ridiculously horrible bout of birth-control-withdrawal acne last August and was left with some really, really, really bad pitted scarring all over both cheeks her chin and some on her forehead. She's been using this since the end of fall quarter ish... (that'd be ~6-7 months from now?) and it's really made a dramatic difference. You can still see some of the scarring in the pictures I just posted, but it's improved so, so much since she started. She really likes the product too - it's easy to use. You just spread a thin layer (I told her to do it over her moisturizer b/c she uses an oil like I do and the vit c treatment will pill w/ too much rubbing) at night. It does sting a little for a few minutes, but I do highly recommend this.
Neither T nor I care very much for using concealer... so I just brushed a heavier layer of EDM mineral foundation over her cheeks. I love EDM semi-matte foundation, but it may not be as high-coverage as you want.
If you do need an undereye concealer, I do highly recommend MAC's MoistureCover Select. It's nice and light and creamy, but still pigmented enough to cover my dark baggy circles. I use a fluffy eyeshadow blending brush (mine's from the EcoTools mineral brush set) b/c I find that gives me a smoother, more even distribution and finish than using my fingers or a flat concealer brush.
As for moisturizer, I cannot rave enough about what a difference switching to an oil moisturizer has made for me. I used to be so oily and greasy, and tried so many different things, toners, moisturizers, mattifiers, etc but my skin was still really dehydrated and oily - like, I'd be so shiny but still have flaking on my nose, etc. Then, I started using 1/2 jojoba oil + 1/2 olive squalane. In the next 3 months, my skin did a total 180 and really, seemingly balanced itself out. I used to need to blot 3x a day, and use like, more than 1 blotting sheet at a time. Now, I blot 1x around 5pm if I remember. I do promise to do a more comprehensive post on my skincare routine once I get the time. HTH!
Hi!
Sorry<, I don't really have a good suggestion for you, since I've never tried any full coverage products myself yet.
I just wanted to say that I like your doll face pics a lot! You succeeded the Fuz' blank stare, hehe... ;)
Have you tried mineral makeup? I use EDM and it works for me. Also they have sample sets which are free, you just need to pay for shipping, so you can try them out to find your shade. The samples are very generous (they last at least 1 week on me) and come in sifter jars. Their concealers also work for me.
I have tried Revlon colorstay, but I think it may be a different formula from what you have in the US. Mine comes in a pump bottle, and I know that the number 1 rant about that product in the US is that it doesn't have a pump.
For falsies, I just peel off the glue, and use regular eye makeup remover on the lashes.
Hope that helped!
love your doll face(but your naked face is just as pretty!!) im glad u asked about how to clean the falsies, caue i just stated using them too, and i was wondering the same thing!!!
I'm using la roche-posay corrective fluid foundation.. imo it's coverage is quite high. I almost able to skip concealer when I put it on.
The price is reasonable too ^^ the 30ml tube last me for almost a year! :)
For concealer.. I'm using Cle de peau stick concealer using my sweetie ring finger. hahas. lazy to use brush >.< anyway this concealer is quite good! it's not cakey at all. :)
I'm trying out ZA True White Essence right now! hahas. been bothering by my acne scars and marks too.. :( but can't find the laneige one T.T so i got this to try out~~ will let ya know if it works! ^^
good luck! Love your doll face pic! hehes. so cute!! :D
hey girl! here's a couple of links to good tuts on cleaning false eyelashes.. hope this helps!
From Enkore Makeup (Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIvwND0Sm90&feature=channel_page
From Yummiebitez (pictures)
http://yummiebitez.blogspot.com/2008/03/how-to-remove-and-clean-false-eyelashes.html
hmm I think you'd really like mac's studio sculpt foundie. it's gives more of a dewy glow than a matte look- also the studio sculpt concealer is amazing! it covers any scars and is great at covering under-eye circles- i think i have a review on my blog (in the earlier posts).
wow the girls are so helpful! :)& you're adorable! haha i'd love for you to teach me how to use concealer lol because i cannot use it, idk why i just can't seem to figure it out haha
as far as recomendations...
i've tried somethings...so here it goes.
1. revlon color stay foundation: I've tried this & it's either a hit or miss for me. I haven't really used liquid foundation so I wasn't great at the whole blending thing haha BUT when I did blend it right, I had pretty good results. Coverage is decent & it didn't feel too heavy. & it didn't break me out :)
2. too faced magic wand foundation: I actually really like this thing, but the color is too dark on me now so I don't use it anymore (but summer's coming so I may get to use it again) it's SUPER easy to put on, you don't need a lot & has very good coverage. Real easy to blend too. & again, didn't break me out
3. but my love is mineral make up! Im using EDM (everyday minerals) you can order samples to try to figure out your color & all you have to do is pay for shipping :) I use this on top of the foundations just to set everything & it really gives me more of a finished look without looking too overdone
But lately I've been using bb cream because I really want to focus on getting my skin better instead of just hiding problems, but I do use the mineral make up on top & I'm very pleased with the coverage :)
I have to do reviews on these products although I haven't really had the time (im typing this at work lol)
Good luck!
I'm pretty sure you can use rubbing alcohol to remove the glue/mascara from false lashes, and carefully reshape them before storing them again.
The NYX jar concealer is a good deal for the price (pssst - one of my giveaways will be a bunch of NYX stuff, concealer jar included!)...the SK concealer quad is also pretty good, though I don't use it that often. Everyday Minerals makes a good yellow concealer (sunlight concealer?? It's a yellow one) that I like to use to set concealer that I use under my eyes when I have the time for the extra step =P If you have a lot of blue tones in your undereye circles, you'll actually want to counter that with a warmer/pink concealer (sounds odd, but it works). Green concealers will counter redness (EDM makes another concealer for this, and the NYX concealer pen is a good buy). I apply concealer with my ring finger (uses the least amount of pressure) and clean up/smooth it out with a makeup sponge, then set with powder. For foundation, the SK blending sponge is pretty awesome - 2nd to that a stippling brush.
Hmm, have you asked Mona if she could check the Amore store near her for the spot essence? It's getting difficult to find online since it's being discontinued (nooooo!) but maybe they're working on a new product?
I'm not very good when it comes to applying foundation, and for that reason I cannot answer your question. Sorry!
I'm pretty impressed by you right now... hehe~ So many people wouldn't post their flaws, but I think you're more gorgeous to have the courage too... hehe~ :)
I'll take a picture of the hair pins in my hair just for you... lol~ ;)
Hi sis~!!
I used to get really bad acne and scars that I used to cake to cover em and makes things worse, and was very stress due to that.
I have found that taking vitamins really do help but gotta be patient. I recommend taking high quality vitamins with over 1000mg of vitamin C, 200mg of echinacea daily they will fasten your skin renewal process and healing time.
Make sure for premakeup use oil free moisturizers, use water based. In mean while to cover the flaws I really recommend DHC Q10 foundation, I have oily face and this foundation does not promote more oil and from experience it have not clogged my pores causing more breakouts!
also for concealer I recommend MUFE full cover it is oil free and very pigmented, blends well. I use this on clients.
on my everyday makeup I usually just use my fingers to blend but if I want better results I would use a brush :D
You should try Beautymaker concealers! They're great and not too expensive! :]
Missed ya Sarah!!! Awwwww doll face!!! I just wanna pinch your rosy cheeks!! xD
I use MAC NC 40 Studio Powder, and MUFE 5 palette conceal (HG!!!)
I really liked this post! It's inspiring :)
your bare face is not scary, you're still pretty! seriously. no lie.
hmmm...i use MUFE foundation + prescriptives loose powder (custom color blend) on top of my foundie. and sometimes if i find it too drying, i spritz my face with some mac fix+. i like MUFE lifting concealer. blends well. and i like using oil-free primer and moisturizer.
i miss ya!! hope to see u soon doll face ;-)
wow~ thanks for the great makeup look to cover flaws bc at times I have breakouts too. I might give some of those products out bc they look great in final photos. =)
I tagged u on my blog. =)
I have once had a makeover, and the MUA was using the estee lauder concealer and foundation. I dont know the product type but in my opinion the concealer works really well. and btw, we all have imprefections when we are barefaced, thats what make up for isnt it? :)) loving the look :)) oh yeah I've sent you email ^^
oh yeah, i usually clean the falsies using a cotton buds and eyemakeup remover (oil preferably) :P
Currently my fav is the lunasol modeling water liquid foundation and the sana concealer with maquillage liquid concealer pen. the foundation is pretty good at oil control. The concealers actually don't do THAT much, so i have yet to find something better that doesn't cake.
do you use powder? my tzone is quite bad too, so i have a compact powder with me at all times. right now the primavista pressed powder and the lunasol powder is holding up, but i'm not too sure about the hotter humid months...i blot like 2 times a day..gross!
i would also recommend you to try the skinfood peach sake pore serum...or the whole peach sake line. I've tried it on my forehead and it really helps reduce the oil spewage! hehe
as for the laneige white star spot essence, is it the one in the pen/tube you're talking about? i've used that 2 years ago and it doesn't do anything. i think the new line is called white star, and i don't think they have spot treatments yet, just under eye masks. they do have a whitening serum, but i haven't tried that yet.
again if you can get your hands on skinfood, i recommend the snow tea sheet mask. it really helped lighten my freckles and brighten my face. i've only stopped using it now cuz i think i over used it only on my face and didn't put the liquid on my neck hahaha.
how brave of you!! I dare not post my bare face lol
Oh I looooove NYX's concealer in a jar, I use beige for my under eyes. Not sure about it on acne though since it contains mineral oil and it can break people out. I am really loving maybelline's liquid dream matte foundation for liquid :) I mix it with moisturize cause its a bit too thick for me.
Also for lashes I just pick off the glue with my finger nails.
wow! thts really quite a transformation. I have not found my HG foundation or concealer. But i recently am liking concealer in jar from NYX, and powder foundation from Inuovi. both of them work ok to cover up my scars and pores
My favourite combination is MAC's studio finish concealer, because its super pigmented and really covers then i top it off with a mineral foundation. I apply the concealer with a brush to the area then pat it in, i recommend patting it in other brushing it in because you loose less product and can concentrate it more on the area. for foundation i use a flat top kabuki. im still looking for my HG lightening product too! theres not much on the market in the UK for this though :(
I hope you find something suitable soon :)
Post a Comment