Monday, May 18, 2009

Love Pack + BB cream comparison

first off.. i want to say.. THANK YOU LADIES SO MUCH! you're all so helpful and AMAZING. there are so many different products it's hard to choose where to start off from.. probably what costs least ;) haha! NYX concealer pots and kevin beautymaker aqua eyes, here i come! if i won the lottery, you guys would definitely be getting huge love packs. one day, i swear! :P and if you didn't comment on the last post, i was asking about foundations/concealers (please respond!).

ah.. also, if someone's ordering from G-MARKET anytime soon, please let me know! i want to get the castledew waterdrop foundation.. but the shipping costs so darn much :(

aaaand.. does anyone know about how the NYX shades compare to MAC? katie recommended glow or medium for me.. HMM.. we'll see :3 i could just order like.. 4.. then sell the ones that don't match. LOL. 






anywhooooooo.. 
the amazing jenn (beautymoogle) offered to send me some bb cream samples.. and i couldn't resist! here are some of my initial thoughts on them along w/ my skinfood mushroom bb.. AFTER i show off what i got :) hehehee. 



mmmm goodies! i don't know what the greentea-cracker thing was but it's gonnneeeee. and i had to fend the bf off the nerds. MINE! hahaha.



FOUR bb samples! 



not only that but i got samples of a BUNCH of other things.. some that were on my wishlist! i can't wait to try the korres wild rose thing xDD thankyousomuch!



L-R: skinfood mushroom, liole, liole waterdrop, l'egere waterdrop, hanskin gold



all smeared out.. you can see SLIGHT differences but it's basically the same, haha. i should've drawn borders or something. ah, well.. too late :P




SKINFOOD MUSHROOM
initial color thoughts: it's much more pink in comparison.
scent: more of a.. hmm.. herbal scent? compared to the other bb's at least. 
consistency: creamy.


LIOLE
- initial color thoughts: looks much like my mushroom bb.. but more neutral.
- scent: much lighter scent.. of soap.
- consistency: creamy.


LIOLE WATERDROP
- initial color thoughts: looks much like my mushroom bb.. 
- scent: reminds me of.. soap. more of a floral scent (like aloe bb cream). stronger than liole.
- consistency: creamy.. but a little more watery than the other ones.


HANSKIN GOLD
- initial color thoughts:
- scent: much lighter scent.. like when you wash your hands, but 5 minutes after. LOL. 
- consistency: what struck me was all of the other bb's spread around in the jar (in the mail).. but this one pretty much stayed in the same spot LOL. so, pre-spread.. i'm going to say this is much thicker. very creamy still.


L'EGERE WATERDROP
- initial color thoughts: woww it's dark! much darker than the other bb's. it also has some small glitter in it?
- scent: also a very soapy smell.. stronger than liole.
- consistency: very watery! it looks like it has bubbles.. like it oxidized?



OVERALL:
they all seem to lighten my skintone a little when i look at my hand directly under light. a few minutes later though, and they seem to sink more into my skin and they don't look so unnatural. l'egere waterdrop is definitely the only one with sparkles in it, though they're really small specks so it's not too annoying, but we'll see how it is on my face xD they all help with my skin yellowness and hide the veins on the back of my hand.

i can't wait to try all of these on my face! be prepared to see lots of my face in the next few days :) hehee. 



thank you so much jenn! you're amazing!! <3





** edit
MY BUDDY HANA IS HAVING A BLOGSALE! mostly accessories, but you should definitely go check it out! sell her MOTOSAYS sent ya ;)

22 comments:

Katie said...

for sure I'd say Glow now that I've seen a non-washed out version of your ... uhh... hand I guess.. if you want to splurge on concealer, try MUFE Full coverage concealer.. it comes in a tube that lasts forever! Little pricey though!

I love my dior forever foundie, very good coverage. MUFE Matte plus is AMAZING too, just hard to get the color right if you know what I mean. MAC Studio Sculpt is good too, amazing in pictures, gotta work fast to blend it in though as it'll get streaky if you don't. UMMMM.. I'll review the revlon soon, but it's VERY comparable to Studio fix coverage from mac (thick and awesome) without the breakouts from mac lol. UMMMM.. what else.. you should look into mineral makeup since summer's coming up, liquid tends to melt off your face when it's super hot outside ho ho! I'm still on the hunt for the perfect powder foundie, there's one compact I want to try but it's pricey yo! You could always try Mac's studio concealer.. it's amazing but the packaging is so unhygenic.. yuck.

Katie said...

my.. that was a long comment. You get two now because I'd like two cookies right now

LipStick Staiin said...

yUmmm.. i love junk foood!

-jeSMakeup

acutelife said...

thankkss hun!!*hugs* for advertising my sale ^_^ oh,Ive been wanting to order from gmarket too!!but Im always hesitant bcause they have a wierd rule of retaining your money in your account(instead of refund it)if the total shipping cost is cheaper than their initial calculation..well, the money still there of course, but then it means you'll have to keep coming back buy again hahaha...anyways...Im writing back to you tmrw coz it's late here now ;)

wuzzyangel said...

I use NYX Concealer in a Jar in Beige, but I guess Med would work too.

OOOhh I love my Lioele (plain) that Yasumi gave me! It's better then my Skinfood Mushroom!

She sent you a lot of great stuff!! I love how we all take care of each other! :)

Author said...

haha.ooo i luv junk food..yummy..
n nice review too..abt the creams..
btw..did they calm the redness..??any of em..??

Chrissy said...

I still really don't know why people are going gaga over BB creams--but I guess I gotta try it first. Lol.

THat's a lot of stuff you got!! :D

Laura L said...

hmm, which one u like the most??
I'm just curious because each BB cream will have some differences.
I'm trying on some bb cream this week, and will do a review about them too. hehe <3

Stephanie said...

so many bb creams!

Unknown said...

i dont know much about make-up but reading your blog definitely helps! :) hehe.. and ooooh those sweets look yummy!!!

miRaCLe said...

woww! so much goodies! ^^
i only have skinfood aloe bb cream.. hahas. can't wait to see more pictures of ya with those new bb cream!:D

fuzkittie said...

Yay I'm glad you got to try out a good number of BB creams, how sweet of Jenn! :]

beeyoutiful7 said...

Sarah,
I miss you!

So sorry that it took me sooo long to check your blog these days..

Super busy cleaning my room and unpack stuff.

Anyhow,

Im going to have to hook you up with more BB creams and all other skincare stuff.

Did you move ?
If you did, send me ur new add.

=)

I will get back to you soon!

Love u!

birkinbagbeauty said...

Hi, I put a comment in your c-box as well. I have a Castledew watershot foundation that I used only once, and I have another HG for fluid foundation, so I would like you to have that one. If you are interested, mail me at tropischezee_@online.nl

ღ Caroline♔ said...

awwww i'm so behindddd!!! you've posted like a 20 posts while i've been MIA! haha :P but i'm happy that you got to try out so many BB creams! that way you can figure out what works best for you!! <33

roxy. said...

ahhh BB creaaam!

paperdollrevenge said...

LOL your comment! I guess it's true...I mean the first things I notice is if it fits my face well, if it stings...and then after that...if it leaves a sticky residue...and then finally, if my face feels better or softer and more smooth!

Wow look at all those bb cream samples! Can't wait to see you try them on your face! =)

aichaku-愛着 said...

hi abt the scrapbooking packs, i'm thinking about $18-20usd depending on how much i paid for the set of stamps. i'm thinking i want to include stuff like a yard or two of ribbon/trim & other stuff in my stash, etc. ^_^ i've left this off for the week though, will try to work on them again on the weekends.

Anonymous said...

:D yay for bb cream samples!! & very generous people
glad things are working out for you, hope you find the right shade you're looking for!

Iyah Love said...

My favorite BB cream is Legere but I can't use it now (summer) because I got darker! ahaha!

I see YUBE! I want YUBE! :)

Jamilla Camel said...

Very Kawaii look! I love the haircut!

Birkie is absolutely right about the Castledew Watershot Foundation--it's my HG water-based foundation!! You should get it from her!

My fave BB is the L'egere.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

okay... so it looks like im SUPER behind. but im determined to catch up! just you watch, lol (: