Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 18

Day 18- Plans/dreams/goals you have.




There's my #1 goal in life, ever since I heard the phase "taisetsuna hito"... most precious person. I want to find the one person that I cannot live without and marry that person.. and be with that person until death does us part.



Other than that...

I want to have and run a successful wedding film and photography business... maybe only films, maybe only photography but in the end I'd like to have enough employees to do both (so about 2-3 cinematographers including myself and my boyfriend and 2-3 photographers). In, say, 6-10 years I want to run workshops to other budding prospective wedding cinema/photographers. Gradually I'd like to do less work for more selected clientele, be able to work with them closely, build better relationships and have amazing work... instead of working myself to the bone every weekend, 50 weekends out of the year. Oh, and I'd love to have an international business... traveling 2-3 times out of the year.

If I could have my own side personal photography venture, that would be awesome... I'd love to be able to make 40x60 fine art prints and have people wanting to purchase them, haha.

I want to have a nice house (not too big, not too small) with 2-3 dogs, and maybe a cat. An economical and eco-friendly car that is big enough for all of our equipment, as well as a stylish car to drive around in when we're not working. Do I know which ones? Nope. I'll leave it up to the husband :P who hopefully knows my taste enough to not get a hideous car.

In that house, I want to have our cars to be IN garages, not be sitting outside. I want a good-sized living room with a good sized office. A walk-in closet, with a separate closet for the husband (whenever I get there, haha). Preferably two-stories, but a nice spread out one-story would be okay too. Lots of windows for natural lighting. An extra room for a studio, and a guest bedroom, if possible. Not necessarily a modern-style house but country-style is nice... but I don't know too much about the styles of houses, so I could change my mind completely by the time we get a house, haha.

Outdoors, I want a nice sized backyard, especially for our dogs. And a good sized front yard that we can decorate how we please (no neighborhood committees telling us what to do). Trees that don't shed much, or at least ones that have nice leaves like Japanese maple trees or something. I don't want nosey neighbors, but I guess the world isn't perfect. I'd mostly like a nice view, whether it's of our great backyard or it's looking out into the hills/ocean/whatever.

I don't want to be drowning in debt, so I'm in process of paying off my student loans. I'd prefer a max of 2-3 credit cards, with low minimums. I kind of like the idea of having one joint bank account (besides a joint business account, which we already have) but then how are you supposed to surprise your SO if they can look online and see where you've been spending money? haha xD I guess we'll get there when we get there.

I guess overall, I just want to be happy and... content with my life. I'm sure I don't need all of those things, but all I know is that I want my taisetsuna hito. Did I already find him? We'll have to see how that pans out (;

6 comments:

Kalmo said...

Aw this is such a sweet and heart warming happy post. :)

Unknown said...

^_^ that's pretty much my dream too :D except I hope to own a cafe instead of a photography business~ It seems like such a simple dream to meet The One sometimes...yet it's really a 'big' dream if you think about it...

Love this post~

Anastacia said...

ahahaha~ i have 2 credit cards and it is so hard for me lol~
your dream house sounds so nice and comfortable :D

DinaXYYan said...

Love your dream! Hope you'll achieve all of them :)

Catherine said...

You're so adorable, Sarah. *hugs* Good luck chasing your dreams!! They're really wonderful ones worth fighting for. =)

mayaari said...

hope you're able to accomplish all of your goals :) finding just a little bit of happiness makes all the work worthwhile :)