Day 13- Write a letter telling someone something you could never tell them.
Dear so-and-so,
I love being your friend but it's so hard to be a friend to someone who really isn't giving back and also being a friend. Out of the 365 days of the year, we don't talk for 355 of them, and of the 10 days that we do, I find that 1 out of those 10 days you text me at a random time, I don't see the message. The other 1 out of 10 times is when I don't really have anything to say to you, so I end the conversation. The remaining 8 out of 10 times, you just stop talking. It's hard to be a friend to someone who constantly disappears on me. Some days I have the feeling that you go to where ever or whoever gives you the most attention. I also feel like.. I'm holding on to something that may or may not be worth it, but is something that I should be putting less effort into, which isn't what I want to do with my friendships. We had some of the best times together and I know there's more of that somewhere, it's just hiding. I don't know what to do, but I feel like if I tell you this, that you either won't respond which will hurt ME and make me feel needy or will end up feeling guilty or sad or something and our friendship will suffer even more. I don't know what to do. I guess I'll just sit here and wait.
Signed,
Frustrated
Dear others,
Believe in yourself.
Live for yourself and THEN for others (don't wear yourself thin!).
Take a step outside of the box.
Make goals and take steps to reach them.
If something is bothering you, do something about it.
Please realize what you are doing to yourself.
You've learned grammar and punctuation and spelling... use it.
It's okay to show how you're feeling. It's not considered being weak.
Be who you want to be.
Grow a pair.
I love you.
Signed,
Your Friend.
5 comments:
yeah, i know what you mean with your first letter. There are many friends who havn't talked to me in ages and now suddenly are like "i better be invited to your wedding" ... seriously? no.
i love your letter to "others" especially this:
"You've learned grammar and punctuation and spelling... use it."
heehee :P
Aw that's a tough situation with the friend. Feel better!
Your first letter got me to finally send the emails to my friends that's been sitting in the Drafts folder forever :( When I read your letter I was like...ugh what a bad friend...then, I realized it sounded a lot like me these days :(
Aweee!! I have a friend similar to yours too!
I've been in the same situation with a few people for letter #1 =T *hug*
Post a Comment