Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 19

Day 19- Nicknames you have & how or why you have them.



Yes, I like going out of order - AND not posting everyday. Suck it :P


I was reminded of this since I *just* hung out with my best friend (that I've known for 16 years... aka since day 1 of kindergarten :P mwahah!) a few days ago sooo that means going through lots of memories, hahaha. This question usually comes up in those random surveys (via the bulletin board on MySpace HAHA or you know, just.. whatever. did a few of these back in my Xanga days).


Onwardssss!




SAKAMOTOOOOOOOOO
Because everyone thinks I have a really awesome last name. My AP gov't teacher always called me that.. with the last O being really drawn out.. and random people that I have just met like to tell me that my last name is awesome too. hahaha :) this is prooobably the longest on-going nickname besides maybe one other one.

izu
Short for "Izumi", my middle name (and also the name I use for my online presence :P thus lots of you probably think my name is Izumi). I also like signing "IZU" in all caps... maybe I should change my signature to that :P haha

izu face, usually typed IZUFACEEEEE
Another form of "izu", usually used by.... hm... two of my good friends. who also happen to call me, from time to time, "izu mizu pleazu" (middle name means "fresh water spring", also happens to rhyme with "izu", "mizu" means "water") or "risu" (squirrel) prooobably just due to the rhyming nature of it all, hahah :) I am consequently drawn (one of those two friends is an illustrator and the other draws awesome anime characters) as either a puddle, some form of water or a squirrel.

Mama T
HAHA okay.. more recent nickname. So this is short for "mother theresa". If it's of any condolence, my nickname for this particular friend is "g dawg" (ghandi). Don't ask. We're strange people. I don't particularly remember how these nicknames came about, either..

Sailor Moon
OKAY.. so really.. to believe this one you have to understand that "Sarah" when pronounced with a heavy Japanese accent sounds like "seh-rah" which in turn sounds like "sailor" (maybe a drunken sailor hahahaha) and this coupled with the fact that everyone and their momma liked sailor moon as a kid (I did, but it was only a like, not a love -- hope I didn't offend any die hard Sailor Moon fans that read my blog). I wasn't a huge fan of this nickname.
*This comes from a family who also called me "shellfish" because I was "selfish". Yes, yes, we're hilarious people, I can assure you of that. Moral of the story: don't question my sense of humor because.. now you know where I get it from.

Father Serra
This came to mind because I wasn't a fan of it.. we were studying missions in, whatever grade it is that you study missions in.. and the founder of whatever mission was named Father Serra and since MY name was Sarah, everyone thought it was oh so funny.. -___- thankfully it lasted only a few weeks, though I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to regret posting this on here.

Asian / Iron Claw / Asian sister
Various nicknames that come about from knowing someone for 16 years... her corresponding nicknames are "Whitey/Cracker", "NutCracker" and "White Sister". Yes, before all of you get on my back, have a cup of STFU. This kind of name calling is a privilege that we both earned :P

Ninja / Nagamuffin
Nicks from the boss-fellow (not the boyfriend, if you're wondering haha). Second one is because I aaaalways bug him about scheduling, when he needs us to work, etc. Aaaaalways. First is because I met up with him once at night to give him a hard drive and I saw him drive in (he was in front of me) and instead of texting him, I decided to stand next to his window and stare at him... shortly, he looked up and FLIPPED OUT, opened the window, told me he crapped himself. HEHEHEHE :3 I'm so mean sometimes.

6 comments:

.maitai said...

Bahahahahaa!!! You's a creeper Sarah. lol jk. I like izu...that shall be your permanent online presence in my book (>_<)

Iyah Love said...

Aweeee!!!! Your nicknames are all cute!! I like the sailormoon!! heehee!!

Anastacia said...

omg! you're a queen of nicknames :)

Unknown said...

Ahahahahaha. I love this!!

At school they called me Satsuma :(

Kalmo said...

Aw what cute nicknames and funny backstories.

mayaari said...

hehe, what a cute collection of nicknames! I've started doing this blog challenge as well since I haven't been super inspired to write posts :)