Friday, July 9, 2010

New vs Old; Canon SD450 vs Canon SD1300 IS

CANON PowerShot SD450






Canon Powershot SD1300 IS





Size difference: the SD1300 is slightly longer but it's thinner (and has smoother curves). In comparison, the SD450 seems kind of bulky. I was also looking at the SD1400 but it was slightly more than I wanted to spend (or rather, for the boypren to buy for me).

Weight: 450 with a battery and no SD card is 5.5oz. The 1300 with a battery and no SD is 4.8oz.

Interface: The 1300 and the 450 aren't too far apart, whereas the 1400 seems to have something completely new (different button/placement to zoom, tons of new features, etc). I found myself being able to set up the 1300 really quickly whereas I felt like I was fumbling around with the 1400. Basically, it was MCBB (my camera but better.. hardy harhar).

Image quality: I took comparison pictures between the various settings (macro, for when I do quick previews for MotoJewelry.. various ISO's.. with flash) as you can see below.

Price: Can't forget about this one. I don't remember how much I paid for the 450 but now you can purchase it for $466new and the 1300 was 189.95new (we bough it in-store at Samy's Camera from our favorite saleswoman... hi Veronica!) though I just found it for $155new off Google Shopping... but in silver. Either way, I'm sure when I purchased the 450 that it was about the same price.








Enlarge to see details of image quality.


*NOTE: I switched the ISO 100/400 around on the SD450 shots (top row)

Now that I think about it, my old cam may have been set to "vibrant" for color... and the new one is on neutral. Other than that.. WOW my new cam rocks, hahah!









Him being cute.



My crazy eyebrows! ahahaa. Oh, and did I mention he was being difficult?



Showing his inner asian... hawhawhaw.. sooooo funny babe!

4 comments:

wuzzyangel said...

LOL "inner Asian"! haha!!! Congrats on the new P&S again! So yay for more pics coming our way!

- susy - said...

new cameras are ALWAYS fun! always always always.

mayaari said...

yay for new camera!

JANE said...

i love canons! cute dimples :)