Earlier this day... the bf bought me flowers :) hehee, he's so cute!


There's a smile! :)

Cutie.
Okay.. so my parents came up to play tennis with us... they surprised my mom with a cake (it was her birthday) and after, we headed over to our favorite Japanese restaurant (in Santa Barbara), Kobachi!
Kobachi
4141 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA
(805) 692-0717

Parents :)


Notice a similarity? Yea.....

HAHAHAHAHAH.. okay.. so the reason why this is so funny to me is because my mom always says "ki-mu-chee" instead of "kim-chi"... and now it's on a MENU.


ahahahaaa.. my mom is so cute!

Pickled (?) fish with onions/etc. Very good! I had it when I was in Japan, my uncle makes a REALLY good version!! Too bad I forget the name, I bet my mom will tell me when she sees this post though =P so if you really must know, just ask me and I'll reply back to you later.

Agedashi mochi and nasu (eggplant)... soooo good! Usually there's only agedashi dofu (tofu). I'm definitely getting this again when I go back!

Hm, I forget the name of this roll but it was really good. Had some sort of citrus flavor to it.

California roll and some sort of other roll. California roll wasn't very good, and I didn't try the other one.

Daddy eating sushi.. hehe :)
It's a really good place to go! Like I said, our favorite there are the entrees but the sushi there is pretty good. My parents like it a lot, so that means it must be really good Japanese food (our entire family is really picky -- just ask my best friend from kindergarten, she gets frustrated because I usually complain about the Japanese food if it's not good LOL).
As for how to find it... it's really kind of hidden. I recommend looking at the address on street view first before you end up going, just in case you get lost. It looks like it's in the middle of nowhere but really, it's just hidden in a shopping center -- right next to a really good tailor, by the way, hahaa :)
8 comments:
I want to try the Adegashi mochi too! Looks really delicious :D.
Your family is so cute :)
Nanban zuke? (The pickled fish)
The menu makes it look like the place is owned by hard core Japanese people, like how they spell "Cyuka". That's a really old way to transliterate "Chuka"!
I know exactly what you mean by being picky about Japanese food. Hey, I am too!!
You and the BF and your family are SOOOO CUTE! :D
its called the umami roll.
Okay I'm so going to look back on this post & check this restaurant out if I'm in the area! :D
BTW your mom is definitely cute!! hehehe... your whole fam is :]
That's totally sweet that your BF got you flowers too. I wish my BF would do that like out of nowhere... now that would be a miracle LOL
Hi Sarah! :D
Haha! YOur parents are too cute! LOL! KIMUCHI!!
And how sweet of the BF to bring you some gorgeous flowers! :)
Damn... the food looks good...... O_O
Oh HAPPY BELATED BDAY TO YOUR MAMMA TOO! :)
you rparents are so cuuute! esp ur mom! lol! and LOL at kimuchee! is it because its a japanese restaurant?! thats so funny
Post a Comment