Saturday, June 26, 2010

NYC Lipstick w/ guest appearance!

I'm back at my parents' house for about a week! Note that I'm writing this on June 21 and it doesn't publish until the 27th (so I'll probably be back up at my apartment/house up north by the time you read this haha). SOOOOO to change things up a bit, especially now that I'm at home... and since we just came back from eating some BOMB Mediterranean food (Rosine's in Anaheim Hills -- go go go!) which happens to be near a Target, yaddayadda.. and since my mom got a new lipstick (since I heard the NYC ones were pretty good)... I decided to feature her on my blog with a guest appearance :P

Note, she was kind of shy about this SO this is for color only, not texture/scent/anything else.

Bought the lipstick for .99 at Target (woohoo).



Her natural lips/color.



Quick shots of the lipstick itself... kind of annoying that the lipstick doesn't go down any further so it's QUITE easy to knick the top if you're not careful.



Applying.




With just the NYC lipstick on (it wasn't a big enough difference for her, sort of like a pinker MLBB--my lips but better--color). She wasn't a big fan of it on its own, but decided that she would layer on a different color (she says she rarely ever just uses ONE lipstick shade).




The second lipstick she added on. I'm not quite sure what brand this is.




With both on... it didn't really add much color but it added some depth, and look how happy she looks now! hahaha :) She also mentioned to me that she rarely uses blush but that she decided to put some on tonight. Aww (:




I love you mom. Thanks for agreeing to a guest appearance!

10 comments:

Anastacia said...

Yay! I've heard a lot of about your mom in your blog and now I can see her in person!
Nice lip colors!

Ohhh! I missing my mom right now too )

DinaXYYan said...

That is so sweet of your mom to do a guest appearance :). She looks so cute!

invie said...

MK is for Mary Kay cosmetics.

Unknown said...

This is so nice of ur mum! regards!

Unknown said...

You mum is hyper stoking cool for doing this guest appearance!!

*stands up and applauds*

Bijin Blair said...

Awww, Mummy Moto looks so happy to be featured on your blog =]

Gasp, $0.99 for a lippie is awfully cheap!

watercoloursky said...

Your mom is adorable! She looks like a lot of fun especially from what you've mentioned about her :) Is it the lighting, or she wearing blue liner on her lower lashline? Thats pretty cool! :D

mayaari said...

aww, your mom is so cute! now we can put a face to all those funny emails you post from her :)

NYC is putting out some really nice items as of late - have you tried their cream blush sticks? they're my favorite thing to use now that it's gotten hot & humid!

Anonymous said...

Awww!! So cute! :D

Catherine said...

You and your mom are SO CUTE! :D