Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bare face into 2 pink EOTD's + FOTD (pic heavy)

Alright.. so.. I wanted to actually document my "face" process (even though this is kind of half assed since I'm not wearing EITHER tinted moisturizer OR foundation... because I wanted to see how my concealer was doing... because I don't really like it.... so I was also trying to finish it, hahahaa). More on that later. I did a "face process" awhile ago but I think my skin has gotten better. Yea, if you think this is gross, don't google my old process xD ahahha.

ANYWAY, there are a ton of pics to get through, so let's git' on et! Be warned... if you don't like my face, you shouldn't be reading this entry HAHAHA.







Maybelline Mousse concealer (basically all over my face) + Maybelline Dream Matte powder





Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc (peach). LOVE. Thanks Fuzkittie! Kind of a sucky picture to be showing off my highlight but, hey. I think I've done a post where I showed it off better before anyways :P




Using my Joe Fresh blush in "Rose" - thanks Eva!












// TIME OUT: RANT!
This is why I don't like the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Concealer (even though I've talked about this negatively before, hahaha).



Yea... so my skin isn't ANYWHERE near perfect, but a good concealer shouldn't ACCENTUATE those facts, right?? Yea, that's what I thought :P not to mention, even after you set it with powder, if you touch it, it smears. Bah humbug!








Just wanted to show you guys that the Painterly PaintPot is slightly lighter than NC35 skintones xD not a big deal, but it's slightly noticable, especially for picky people like me. I'm sure it'd be fine.




Love -- thanks Diana! I think I'll do a review/separate post on these (I have 2!)

It's a nice, light-medium toned pink with a silver sheen.





I... can't remember the name, I swapped it off Wuzzy's blogsale LOL.





The purple has this awesome sheen to it... not too much pigmentation, just very glittery.. which is what I like in light-barely-there looks.









You can leave it here or....





Just for kicks, add a winged liner.


...Yep.







Now, on to the other side~
as ya'll may know, the fabulous PAM aka pPink is hosting a POW WOW in a few weeks... dress code is PINK DRESSES.. and if you know ANYTHING about me, just know that I really kind of detest the idea of pink. Nevertheless, I decided to jump in with BOTH feet and get a FUSHIA dress.. so.. I must practice some pink looks, no? hahaha :)








Oh, and I used the UD Gunmetal as my liner as well.












NOWWW.. I had to try on a bunch of lippies, especially since I don't tend to wear lippies when I go out (I have no idea why). They gotta get used up somehow, right? Hahah :)



gloss from Kristina *hugs* I haven't worn a baby-pink lip combo in a loooong time... so I decided to try it. I feel like a brainless DOLL when I wear this kind of pink, but to be honest it grew on me while I was camwhoring with it, hahaha.




from Fuzkittie *kisses* ya'll have seen this one many-a-time! and, apparently I thought it looked better with ONE eye more than the other, hahahaa.




from Angie! *smooches* the packaging is soooo luxurious, but MAN this is suuuch a bright pink, hahaha. I guess it didn't help that I didn't sheer out the color like I usually do :P only ONE swipe! jeeeeeez. And, um, does anyone see "peach" in this? 'Cause I don't...



first MAC lipstick purchase, ever.




well, okay. this was also in my first MAC-lippie purchase.





and I ended up really liking this pink, hahaha. I'll figure out how to get this color FIRST instead of after some insane swatching :P







Anyway, hope ya'll enjoy :P I'll probably be messing around with a few more looks but the second one is probably what I'll be wearing at the POW WOW... so excited to meet you ladies! x0xo

13 comments:

Eva said...

oooh i love this post! so many looks =D glad you liked the joe fresh blush looks really good on you!

donnarence said...

yslpeach passion looks HOT! i love the winged effect you did.. it does not look harshe and it is very wearable too..

Lilladylife said...

love ur lashes!!!! theyre so long!
love the wing liner and YSL lippie!

Jess said...

Lovely post, Sarah! I enjoyed all of your pics with your funny expressions, hehe...

Anastacia said...

I think your Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse concealer would works just great for blog pictures. It has such opaque coverage.
OMG! The YSL lippy looks amazing! Adorable color!

DinaXYYan said...

I love how you pose differently in every pics :D. Too bad the concealer doesn't work on you, I've heard so much great reviews about it.

helloou said...

hi there! new to your blog, but loved it already! Have you tried Cargo Onebase concealer? I highly recommended it!

And love all the lip colors. I'm building my lipstick collection haha thanks for the swatches. I'll be checking some of them out =]

Miss Shopcoholic said...

been curious about Maybelline's Dream matte concealer, but after reading your review i dont want to try it anymore =P love your EOTDS!

Unknown said...

I like your bare face and I like your done up face too. Have you tried the Bourjois helthy mix concealer? Its great!!

mayaari said...

if you're going with the pink eye makeup for the pow wow, i think that dior orange lippie actually looks pretty awesome with it!

roxy said...

your facial expressions are hilarious. love the YSL lippie

roxy

join my giveaway:
http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/1-year-anniversary-blog-contest.html

Unknown said...

haha you're so funny with your little expressions. I don't really wear make up very much so i can't say i agree or disagree with any of the reviews...but uhhh definitely agree though that it should accentuate your flaws!! BOOOO!

Whitney & the full effect said...

First, I LOVE it when you wear a lot of blush (i know, I'm weird but it looks great on you)! Secondly, I'm craviing Peach Passion and I think you don't realize how amazing it is against your skin tone! Third, your eye makeup with the winged out liner is AMAZING, I love it (super inspirational)... Last, I REALLY hope we can meet at IMATS (if you end up going).