Quick review, lots of pics. Let's get on to it!
Annabelle is a Canadian brand that doesn't really seem to get that much attention for whatever reason.
They describe this eyeliner as:
So creamy and smooth it feels like silk on your skin. Smoothliners are available in a matte or metallic finish and allow for a clean line, adding depth and elegance to your eyes. Waterproof, these eyeliners provide long lasting hold without losing their colour intensity. The soft texture ensures lovely and alluring eyes, all day long!Thoughts: It definitely is smooth feeling when you apply it -- unfortunately this means in order to have precise lines all the time, you have to sharpen it pretty often. But, it is good that it isn't rough on the lids... it reduces chances of getting (more) wrinkles later on!
I had to go over the word AND the heart several times to get the intensity that I wanted. Before we continue, yes, that is a scar and it came from scratching and picking at a mosquito bite I got in Memphis... boooo! Ignore it please.
Quick finger smudge... medium intensity, sort of like how you would rub your eyes (at least, how I would rub MY eyes) if I felt like I had something in my eye. Slight smudging.
5 seconds under the faucet with cold water, and a quick rubbing (same time/method as the rub above). I rubbed the E and half of the V. It actually seems to have smudged less..? Strange.
5 seconds under lukewarm-to-warm water and rub again. A good portion seems to have come off.
5 seconds under pretty warm water... sort of like the temperature for a shower. Smudged in one direction/spot... strange.
The cleansing towels I use for my everyday makeup removal.
Rub rub rub.
Final thoughts: The color wasn't terribly unique and the staying power wasn't magical -- at the least, you might have some funky smudge marks but it will still be there at the end of the day. Note that this was on the back of my hand NOT on my eyes, I did not do a wear test on how long it lasted throughout the day (and I haven't worn it on my eyes to test it as such). It was really nice to apply though (texture) but the intensity took a little while to layer. For the price ($6.25 -- I've heard great things about the Milani liquifeye liner and it's about the same price), it's not an A+ liner, but since I don't have other blue eyeliners, I'd still pick it up to use.
I do have to say though, I did a quick test earlier this week (also on the back of my hand) and right after I applied it, I smudged it -- and it really did smudge! Quickly! And rather badly, I might add. But after you wait a bit -- to let it dry, I suppose, it doesn't smear quite as easily. So perhaps this is a good eyeliner for smudged looks that won't budge much (versus using an eye kohl -- hello panda eyes for us monolids!).
Will do a wear test one of these days.
6 comments:
I like the color of eyeliner! To prevent smudging you can set it with a similar color of eye shadow! It'll be long lasting as eyeliner as well
the shade is so pretty, too bad it smudges easily..
Ive been wearing this one, and jade a lot recently.
But one thing...with the smudge test...I was just wondering if maybe you were mistaking this liner as the smudgeliner? Cause this and that are two different things. This is only good for waterproofing. As long as I don't rub my watery eyes, and just blot them with the tissue, it stays decently put~
And I use the Netrogena MUremover and it does a decent job. Cause yes, wrinkles around the eyes is a definite bad thing.
Anyway it was nice reading this review :)
I do want the liquifeye liner, but apparently it hasn't made its debut in Canada yet, or at least I have yet to see it.
cool blog, love!
I love the smudge liners! esp the new colours =)
Dang.. even though it did smudge, that took some elbow grease to completely come off! LOL!
But I love your little "love" & heart! :)
Post a Comment