Saturday, May 15, 2010

MAC Margin (vs) MAC Melba

I bought Margin online as one of my first blushes and I just purchased Melba (also online). A few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to switch all of my blushes to the matte side, as I realized having a shimmery highlight AND a shimmery blush was just too much. I lovedddd Margin's color but didn't love the finish, SO.. here's my quest to find a similar shade, but as a matte.







MAC Margin.... VS... MAC Melba





MAC describes:
- Margin: Peach with golden shimmer (Frost)
- Melba: Soft coral-peach (Matte)





Finger swatches.. you can definitely see the frost.



Swatch on arm





Margin (top) vs Melba (bottom)







Whole face comparison... you can't really see the blush though huh? Fail.






Matte!





FROST!




Anyway.. I think Melba is a fairly similar enough color. Again, the main thing that I don't like about Margin is the frost. Plus I think, with some softer, pinker (coral) tint to it, Melba is sliiiiightly more flattering on my face. With flash, Margin sort of disappears, but you can definitely see Melba in both pictures.

And, quite honestly, since my skintone is so dark, they look just about the SAME on my cheeks, don't they? I don't know how different the two would look if you had fairer skin tones.

I think my search is over! :P






Check out my BLOGSALE for MAC Dollymix and now, MAC Margin. I forgot to actually LIST up Margin, but you can see the pics of it in this entry :) price is $9 + shipping. Check in with me for reduced shipping prices in the US (as low as $1.75!).




Happy looking!

9 comments:

wuzzyangel said...

You know what's funny? Melba was my first MAC blush EVER. Back in HS! It was actually one of my very first MAC products. Obviously this was before I became interested in mu! LOL!

DinaXYYan said...

I don't really like frosty blush too, sometimes it makes my skin looks like a disco ball. LOL

rae630 said...

I like Melba on you.

ღ Caroline♔ said...

Yayy!! You did a good job with finding the perfect matte dupe for Margin in Melba!! I think it looks gorgeous on you...Melba is really a pretty color!! hehe Reading your posts always make me happy. I <3 you!! Miss you, Sarawr!!

♥ caroline

fuzkittie said...

Love Melba on you!

Catherine said...

I'm not a fan of frosty blush either. That's why I've skipped the last two MAC Mineralize collection. Melba looks awesome on you!

I actually just got Improvise from swap and I'm wondering what the hell I can do with it because it's SOOOO FROSTY....

Anastacia said...

Both shades looks so nice! Such lovely swatches!

Anonymous said...

nice

mayaari said...

both shades are nice on you, but I think I'm in a matte blush mood too, cause Melba looks sooooo pretty!