Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hair Dye - PIC HEAVY!

Hair dying adventures... it's been awhile :P




Box with contents...











My hair before... patchy, mismatched, etc. Looks super different in different lighting situations / plus my camera is kind of weird... but hey. Plus I was just plain bored of my hair, hahaha.









The process... box claims to have a "non-drip" formula.
Now.. it's been awhile since I've dyed my hair, so I don't really know how accurate this claim was... but I didn't end up having to use a towel around my neck/shoulders so I guess it was pretty good :P styled my hair into a faux-hawk.








Trash... took it while my cam was still on macro mode so it's OOF (out of focus)... but then I decided maybe it was a good thing :P







AFTER..

Day 1... very reddish looking! Under tungesten light, it looked basically BLACK. With flash, reddish.



Day 2 (or 3?)... after a few more rinses, the warmer/red tones have washed out. Still looks REALLY dark... almost black.





About a week later... overall color looks lighter. My natural copper tones seem to be making a come back. But hey, it looks pretty similar to the box, no? Though my hair's definitely more reddish overall. But my bangs look more like the box -- weird.

Anywho, like I said... my hair tends to run slightly more coppery/reddish anyways.






Disclaimer:
Purchased the box with my own money, kthx!

13 comments:

Jess said...

Most hair dyes turn out reddish on me too, even if I chose ashy shades, which really annoys me, cause it doesn't flatter my skintone at all.

I think the color turns out beautiful on your hair, Sarah! I love darker dyes on Asian the most. ;)

Catherine said...

Oooh, love your new hair color though! Your hair looks so shiny and healthy!

Lolita Riot said...

my hair no matter how warm or cool the dye is theres always a red cast! also I try to go for lighter shades than what I want bc the box always dyes darker! ggrrrr

ღ Caroline♔ said...

wooooowwwww!! Your hair looks so much more VIBRANT & full of life after the dye job! :] So glossy and shiny and healthy-looking! I dig the new color on you!! I hope the red tinge fades away for you!

♥ caroline

Chrissy said...

Oh you make me wanna dye my haaaaairrrr.

Yours looks good after the dye job. Nice work! ^^

I honestly want to experiment with my hair but I'm nervous I'll screw up. That's certainly something I don't want to happen. xD

Bijin Blair said...

I have never dyed my hair, I kind of want to now that I've seen so many reviews and tips etc!

Which brand is your favourite?

wuzzyangel said...

Looks good! LOL Your before hair is nothing compared to mines! When I went for my haircut the stylist was all "GIRLFRIEND what's up with your color?" I have a dividing line around my head. Literally! LOL!

But I got the Loreal Preference in Med Ash Brown! I was going for the dark, but I'm so used making my hair lighter. But usually I use the LIGHT brown, so this is darker then norm.

"ASH" is good for us though, cuz it counteracts the reddish orange brassy tones.

K said...

Love your new color!

I guess I'm lucky - all the hair dyes in Japan are formulated for Asian hair!

Leenda said...

Your new hair color looks really nice! Funny how you have a random trash picture in there. haha!

Unknown said...

Your hair looks fab! what impressed me most apart from the colour is its shine!!! wonderful!

Anastacia said...

Loreal hair die doesn't works for me at all absolutely, but glad you like it!

Jamilla Camel said...

Love the colour on your hair!! Then only way I can get the red tones out is to strip it out with bleach at the salon!

mayaari said...

your hair looks so shiiiiiiiiny! I typically go for the dyes with reddish tints to them (Feria Chocolate Cherry!) but if you're looking to get away from red and go more towards brown/black, "ash" dyes are a good choice. You could always go to Sally's Beauty Supply and make a custom color - you can pick the base shade that you want and if your hair already has some red in it, you can add blue or a blue-black dye to counter the red