Soooo.. just to tide things over until I get back up to my SB house.. here's a list of things I've been using up with a few thoughts.
COSMETICS
- MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer: Not sure how I feel about this concealer. It feels a little heavy but it conceals well. Under the eyes, it's not the most fabulous thing in the world but it does conceal more than the other few products I've tried. Definitely nice and creamy. I thought about repurchasing but then again I just want to go out and try to find my HG item! Seemed to work great with a sponge but recently I've just been dissatisfied with it (and my skin). All in all, coverage is great but other than that.. moving on to the next concealer!
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: This is probably about my third one that I've gone through (but I keep forgetting to post about it!). Gives a little coverage, keeps my oilies at bay for a little while longer and at BOGO prices, it's quite good :) I love how it feels in terms of smoothness. Unless I find or hear of another powder that's around the same price or less... I'm sticking to it. SO, does this count as 3 products? ahaha.
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer: Ohh I want to love this one, I really do. The texture is great and at BOGO prices, it's quite affordable. BUT.. I just don't know. It seems to accentuate any flakey bits of my skin (moreso than the studio sculpt) and doesn't seem to last very long, even when set with powder. Coverage seems so-so. GAH! Sort of glad I'm hitting pan (or glass?) on this one, so I can try something else.
- MAC Blush in Harmony: Love the texture, love it as a contour shade. Supposed to be a dupe for Emote but I can't verify that. I used to contour every day but recently I got lazy.. haha! Otherwise I think I would be almost done with it. Definitely would pick up another one when I'm done with it :)
MEDICATION/Rx
- Tri-Luma cream (Rx): If you've looked at any of my bare face photos, you'll see the hyperpigmentation on my upper lip and cheeks. I was totally under the impression that it was all acne scars (though I never understood my lip) and didn't know why anything else I was doing just wasn't working... so I headed to a dermatologist who prescribed me this. It didn't quite work as well on my cheeks as it did my lip.. but it totally cleared it up. Anything that's left as of now are purely acne scars (I believe). Wonderful! Too bad it's about $170 without insurance. I've actually been meaning to post "before" and "after" pics but I always forget, and since it's Rx... I figure what's the point? But hey, I did finish it! :P
- Hydroxyzine HCl tablet + Hydrocortisone solution (Rx): Since we're talking about Rx's... I have psoriasis on my scalp, mostly concentrated on the bottom/back. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, scratching -- and it wakes up the bf as well. The tablets help me stop itching (so sometimes when I'm just feeling generally itchy for whatever reason, I'll take these) and the solution... well. When I scratch, I tend to scratch HARD.. scabs form.. all of that nasty stuff. So whenever the solution goes on my head, it's usually on broken skin so it BURNS.. but.. you know, it helps. Gone through two of both and they're just awesome. Go ask your derm for a recommendation, I believe these are the two generic equivalents of whatever she actually prescribed.
- Cortizone: As long as we're on the topic of itchiness.. I don't have a specific brand, but this cortisone stuff really works. There's a version out there with aloe, and it seems to be a little more watery in texture and honestly doesn't seem to work as well. These can come in HUGS tubes if you buy the generic CVS brand, and really, both of them (brand and off-brand) work well. I go through tubes and tubes in a year. Bug bites to dry skin to whatever unexplained itching.
- Random topic.. I've gone through two different medications (aka about 6 tubes) to solve any eczema problems. I had a really severe break out last summer on my THIGHS of all places.. the scars from itching are still healing up. I definitely recommend going to a dermatologist.. I tried using the cortisone but it never really helped like the medications did. Don't let it plague your life! There are definitely generics available (not sure about OTT - over the counter) that don't break the bank and to be eczema-free is so, so awesome. If I do get another break out, I have the cream available, and it goes away usually within 2-3 days, versus weeks and weeks.
So.. woot to me! I have a few other products but I forget what they are exactly (go figure) so I will report on that once I get home (SB) if I remember and/or am motivated enough..
While I'm home, expect more personal posts as I don't have my entire make-up collection with me. Oh.. wait.. I did take pics of a recent FOTD and I have that cam with me! Woot.
Hope to have some more interesting posts, perhaps with pictures.
Also running around home = excellent drugstores!
The CVS next door has a "Beauty 360".. awesome place.
Not to mention Target.. Walmart.. etc.
Definitely going to be rummaging around for some stuff!
Talk to you all soon :)
12 comments:
Wow, good job on hitting those pans :D
ryc: LOL! I tossed all those boxes so I could still fit them into my luggage, although they took half of my luggage. :D
I'm having an eczema outbreak on one of my fingers, isn't that weird?! Hehe...
wow! you hitting pans of many products! Thats nice! When i hitting pan of something it makes me happy and more exciting :P
In the last year I've been having trouble with eczema also. I have it on my eyelids, ear and side. :( Nice to read about what works for other ppl. I'm going to see the doc and perhaps he can prescribe me something that'll help. Fuz - I have eczema on my thumb, so you're not alone!
Roxy
http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/
I'm trying to hit as much pan as I can by the end of this month and May... which means I can buy more later on... haha xD
WOW! Good job!! I've yet to even go through my MAC Select MoistureCover concealer and I'm pretty sure I've had it for almost a whole year and it's too dark right now lmao. *headdesk*
Glad to hear you've found stuff that really works for your eczema & psoriasis. =)
About hitting pan;
I am yet to hit pan on any eyeshadow!!
BUT
I do go through skincare stuff like no business.
I would love to go snapping with you one day x
it always feels like an accomplishment to finally get through an entire product :) glad you've been able to find products for your psoriasis and eczema - whenever I'd get a little eczema on my face or ears (from when my earlobes were super sensitive to nickel), I had to use a steroid cream...now that that's long gone, I'll use Egyptian Magic on any dry spots and it seems to help
I really want to see one of those Beauty 360 CVSs...none of the ones near me have anything close! Snap some pics ninja-style if you can, when you go to check it out :)
wow sarah, you finished up a lot! Have you tried the nyx concealer in pot? its pretty good and 5 bucks! ok I think you stirred me away from trying the dream mousse concealer, its about 10 bucks here >< if its not gonna be amazing i wont be it, at least not for that price lol
Ooh I know what you mean about Maybelline Dream mousse concealer- I am having a bit of a love/hate relationship with it atm lol I just ordered MAC Studio sculpt concealer... eek I hope I can get it to work!!!!
i'm loving maybelline's dream matte powder too but i think i got the wrong shade. :(
you finished alot of products, congrats! :DD
i love the feel of the dream mousse stuff! but i havent actually tried it for myself i tried it once from my sister so i wouldnt' really know how i feel about it. i have yet to find a concealer that i'm in love with too! i've been using my mac studio fix concealer? the one in the little pot that looks like the shadows lol and it doesn't cover enough! one day we'll find our HG concealers! lol
Post a Comment