Soooo.. my guilty addiction is buying loose fitting shirts, usually with a band at the bottom with "kimono" or "dolman" sleeves. However.. on their own.. they are not that flattering (unless you weigh 90 lbs, then anything looks good on you! haw haw).
Point and case. I'm not THAT heavy.. yet I look like I could very well be pregnant and a good 30+ pounds heavier than I am. And with stick-skinny asian girlfriends, that is NOT acceptable! I will admit that this WAS after dinner + dessert.. but.. still! Hey!


BELT IT! I was searching and searching.. and finally found an awesome waist belt, and I use it in a LOT of my outfits. It was in one of those obscure stores, sorry :|

A quick note about posing and posture.. I have TERRIBLE posture. Quick tip.. CONTRAPOSTE! As in, stand with your weight shifted on your BACK leg. Much more flattering. The top pic.. I have pretty decent looking legs! Bottom pic.. not so much. Huge badonkadonk though ;) hahahaaa.
You can also stand stick straight.. if you're skinny! :P I prefer standing how I am (I'm on the left.. btw) just because I think it flatters the figure more--also has to do with the other various body lines, yadda yadda. But my friend just has more awesome posture than I do--and she's a swimmer! (hawhaw).
Various other belts.. this one's leather of some sort. Doesn't quite suit the outfit (IMO), I usually prefer wearing this one lower on my hips with the grey shirt (above).
Skinny black belt.. that.. I bought the wrong size for -___- so I need to drill holes in it so I can wear it. SIGH!
White belt, same style as the black one, this one however is in the correct size :) and this is what I ended up wearing out the door, minus my jacket which I found under a table 10 minutes later..
* please ignore the un-made-up face.

The same shirt.. uber comfy.. but completely shapeless. What ever shall I do?!
But see? It gives the illusion (or more definition) of an hourglass figure x3
Lesson of the day? If you're standing next to a cute boy.. shift your weight AWAY from him. You'll look hotter :P
* this also goes for when you're posing for pictures.
You can also stand stick straight.. if you're skinny! :P I prefer standing how I am (I'm on the left.. btw) just because I think it flatters the figure more--also has to do with the other various body lines, yadda yadda. But my friend just has more awesome posture than I do--and she's a swimmer! (hawhaw). The last 2 belts I bought on clearance at.. JC Penny's or something.. a good two years ago.
All of this makes me realize.. man, I really need to clean my mirror :P and YES, I *am* standing on a toilet seat (lid down thanks).. hahahaa.
I had a few people ask that I do other body shapes.. or at least more fashion posts. Any particular body shape.. or fashion post.. you want me to do? :) drop me a comment! Yes, drop it.. like it's hootttt! *dances off*
13 comments:
Great and helpful advice! The belt is indeed a mighty weapon ;)
Ahhhh belts are super helpful!! I have a love hate relationship with them, because of my build they make my clothes bunch up and make me look like a sack of spuds :(
Thing is I totally need them sometimes because I have big boobies and i can look preggers in the wrong type of top!
Hmmm.. yes it does makes a difference when you use a belt =) I like the 1st belt you use. I know what you mean about looking preggies in pics if or when you are using loose shirts/blouses. I look very well preggy when I'm using baby doll blouses >.<
Ahh.. Belts are my enemy though! LOL! But on you it's fab! Thanks for the posing tip! I'll have to remember that!
LOL be careful on that toilet! I remember Aradani used to stand on the edge of her tub! I'd always get scared she'd fall & hurt herself for the sake of showing us pics! LOL!
Your blue short looks so gorgeous with black belt! Nice!
Very great tips, Sarah! The shirt definitely looks much better with the wide belt!
I have lots of belts too, but I feel that it makes me look shorter, when I wear a belt high on my waist, hmm... :/
the belt definitely adds a nice touch! and contraposte eh?!?!? never heard of that but i'll definitely be trying it.... when i see a cute boy. hahaha ! jk jk! p.s - about the tat... it doesn't hurt........... that much! its actually an addicting kind of pain. if that makes sense.
yes belts really do make a world of a difference!
great post! ive been trying to add belts to my outfits lately and they do seem to work better :)
thats a good advice for big shirts..but tell me, what do you do when you have a big butt??? LOL i DO have a big butt, girl! what can u do to make it look like it's sort of small -or i dunno hide it? (i always try to hide though)
any advice :)?
i have a pear&round body xD
Awww lol. I have this problem too except that I look anorexic in shapeless tops. T_T;
I need more belts as well!
great tips :) I have a love/hate relationship with belts - mostly love when I wear jeans and use cute belts to keep jeans up (none of that dreaded "coinslot ass" nonsense I see everywhere in this city)...hate when I try and wear it over clothing because I never seem to do it right =T Bought an obi belt that might help with some tops/dresses this spring though...it just needs to warm up so I can wear the clothes, haha
I like your style tips! Especially the ones you've posted lately. I'm writing down these tips. :D
Post a Comment