Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pear.. or hourglass?


Haha! I got sooo many people telling me I wasn't a pear shape xD it was actually really funny.


SO, I took measurements. I'm a 31-28-38. That's chest-waist-hips.
When I wear a bra, it becomes 32-28-38. Not significant, but still.
Yes, I do wear padded bras. With my sort of A cup, it's hard not to.
No, I don't know what brand.. I bought them at Mervyn's.. and have like, 4 of the same bras LOL. They're comfy! If you want VA-VA-VOOM tata's, go get yourself a VS Miraculous bra.. I hear those work absolute.. well.. miracles!



Plus, when I gain weight, I usually gain it on my thighs, lower stomach, butt. That by definition is usually a pear shape :)

My shoulders, however, are around 39.. measuring as close to the top of my shoulders.
Closer to 41 if you include the widest part, including my arms.
In all technicalities, I suppose I'm not a pear.
But by standard measurements (bust-waist-hips), I am.
So I'm standing by it :P I'M A PEAR!



See what dressing well does? It "changes" your figure to make you seem more like an hour glass, or whatever more of an ideal figure you'd like!

There are TONS of resources online (and in books) that will help you figure out what body shape you are... and different places call the different body shapes different things. I've never heard of a skittle before except for on one website.. which I can't recall at the moment.

But I just found a "quiz" online.. from Channel 4's "How to Look Good Naked". LINK.
Which, by the way, also said I was a pear. Haha :)



I could go on about this subject for awhile :P if you guys are interested, I could pull together posts on the various body shapes + clothing that I believe will be flattering to the body shape (not necessarily true.. wear what you're comfortable in! plus this is my own opinion).

11 comments:

vanilla said...

yeah post more dear!
awww u r pear,sexy then!!:)

Stephanie said...

I love this post! I'm a round ^_^

Georgina said...

nice post! heehee youre funny :)

DinaXYYan said...

i'm not sure if i'm rectangle or round. haha... love this post :)

wuzzyangel said...

I change my answer! Maybe I'm not a pear after all.. maybe I'm a ROUND! LOL! hha!! ANd your measurments are fricken awesome! I won't tell you mine for fear of shock! LOL!

Yumeko said...

i think i am a round XD!!!

Katie said...

i think i'm an hourglass even tho i have tiny tits cuz of my super broad shoulders but small waist yet wider than my chest hips. LOLS!

:) btw i have 3 of the miraculous bras. AMAAAAAZING STUFF I TELL YOU!! :( when I shopping for them tho I got resized n i found out i shrank.. I'm a 32A now. fawkness.

Iyah Love said...

I think I have rectangular shape. lol. I have no shape at all.. lol. I think I'm cup A because my boobs aren't that big but I can't wear A cups bra because they seemed to be too tight but B is a little loose also. Hahaha! I'm kind of in the middle :P♥ And I'm size 34.

Unknown said...

I have thought about it and thought about it!! I am defo an ostrich shape!!! hahahaha

great post!

shaynaJo said...

hey, interesting topic =)
yes, please post bout other body shapes too.. :D

Ahleessa said...

This is a great post... lol~ I don't know what shape I am though. :X

Thank you for entering the contest!