FOTD! -- sort of. Turned into more of a foundation review, hahaha.
Siiiince I think we all realized that the Castledew foundation was too light for me.. I decided to try to use my Revlon Colorstay foundation instead.
So, you say, just buy a different shade and all will be well! Wellllll.. not quite.
- I don't really like how it feels on my face (I think my skin has improved much and I should get a lighter feeling foundation.. say MAC face+body?)
- It can LOOK cakey--but that may also have been the over application of powder (since I don't normally use foundation, my normal application was just too much).
- There's a.. sort of sweet scent that's bothering me right now. I hope it goes away.
On top of that all.. it.. just looks completely terrible in flash photography.
Anyway,
I'm thinking of chucking this bottle away, unless someone ELSE has used Revlon Colorstay forcombo/oily in shade 250 Fresh Beige.. and it worked for them.. I will SEND this foundation to you as long as you pay postage! Just send me an email or leave a comment.
WITHOUT.. just foundation/powder (see? a littttle powdery.. but not too bad.. and it looks like it matches my face here.. but it doesn't T^T sniff)


Onto happier news..
As requested by Chommie, here's my face with the Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc (highlight). I used the pink/peach/white mixed together.
WITH.. sorry for the unruly eyebrows :P and I applied a little messily today, since I used a different brush than usual. Buuuut.. you get the point :)
HTH. Off to dinner we go! It's the bf's dinner today, he turns 22.
8 comments:
Happy Birthday to the BF!!! ;)
And it does look a bit pink.. hrm... they need to do more yellow tones..
You look fine though.. And I like the shimmer block on you! It's gives a nice natural glow!
xD you make me laugh! xD (with your comments about ur face :P)
Happy Bday to your awesome BF!!! mwahahhaa hes younger than I!!! xD
Btw :D i'm having my first giveaway along with Drey Jewelry, do you want to participate in it too :D? :D :D:D :D huh huh huh huh huhhh??? :D :D xD
LOL 3 days ago I realized why I hated my colourstayd.. I have it int he same shade as you and decided to mix it w/ another foundation and I loved it. Thats when i noticed its because the shade didnt match and it was just a tad too light! DUH! lol I guess we both need a shade up huh =p how funny is that!
Hmm... I think the shade is really a bit too b´pink (in the photos at least).
I have MAC face and body, and it's a really runny and lightweight foundation with quite nice coverage though.
But on of my favorite fluid foundations is the Bobbi Brown Skin Fusing SPF 15. There are lots of shades available! Maybe you could try out? ;)
i have to admit.....I am so utterly taken by the pics of you and your BF that I haven't read your foundation review.
Have you tried the Dior nude healthy glow thingy? I can send you a sample to try?
Haha! I wish I did win the lottery. :P Just saved up a little moolah in anticipation of the Taiwan trip. :)
Happy Birthday to your BF!
Revlon Colorstay does look a bit pink. I guess that's why I'm glad mineral makeup brands have more yellow/olive tones!
Aww, happy birthday to the BF. You two are so freaking cute together. :D
And LOL... yea, your face should *not* be the same color as his. =/
Post a Comment