guess how much is real; ANSWERS!
1. how the food was cooked: on the grill? fake cooked?
FAKE COOKED (only the outside)
2. coals: hot or not?
NOT (used a light + red gel.. the "white" coals were pre-burned/spray painted)
3. flames: real or not?
REAL..ISH (controlled burns with rubber cement)
4. location: indoors or outdoors?
INDOORS
5. grill: used in real life? or made dirty?
MADE DIRTY (props to my team mates!)
6. food appearance: would that come off your grill? or is it too good to eat?
TOO GOOD (used oil/controlled cooking)
Thanks for playing everybody :] will have a new set of pictures up soon!
It's amazing how much work we have to go through to produce one photograph. It's not that we CAN'T do it when it's REAL... it's just that it's so much more controllable and precise when we do it ourselves. I will withhold my comments about the fashion industry and even some portraits, but we do strive to make things look REAL and APPEALING, otherwise it wouldn't sell. The amount of retouching is usually up to the photographer, but high up in the world with lots of zeros on checks, most of the time the photographer has no control over what happens to the image (within reason, there are licenses and contracts of course). So, be careful before you blame the photographers as an industry/profession. I'm not saying some photographers don't go Photoshop crazy, but don't group us all together! We're not all guilty by association.
Feel free to leave me any questions/comments xD but no flames, please!
9 comments:
Wow, that picture is awesome! I saw a TV special once about photographing food and how much effort and work goes into it... it's amazing. You and your team did a really awesome job!
Amazing :) Little details we don't even realize. You did a good job with the shoot!
Wooow I was so off! I didn't even think of some of those (like the light with the red gel for the fake burning coals :D
Everything looks so real! Again, awesome job to you and your team. :)
Wow, that's amazing!
Haha!! SEe I would've got almost everything wrong! LOL! Great job to you and your team!
Oh wow! Everything looked so real!!! Yay, can't wait for your new pictures!!
moto you won my giveaway! =]
I WIN! haha! you are just too amazing at this photography stuff moto... i never once doubted that you could make fake stuff look real ;P p.s i just realized this weekend why your jewelry is called moto jewelry... SAKA-MOTO!!! am i right am i right?!!? haha!
how interesting (:
Post a Comment