Thursday, July 30, 2009

life update

HUMM.. this is for my girls back at home :) cough CUZZO!! hahaha.

SOOO i started back up w/ my interning with TURNERFORTE PHOTOGRAPHY (link). i haven't been able to go intern for various reasons.. for about 2-4 months, i forget. a long time, either way. they recently moved to ojai so my drive there takes about 45min to 1hour, up long windy roads. it's a nice fairly scenic drive though.. so.. i don't mind too much. i plan on going every wednesday until my schedule changes.. maybe even twice a week since the bf's gone (he also started interning for them since they moved to a larger place).

it's nice being there.. i'm mostly scanning/color correcting/etc just helping out with whatever they need. courtney's (the name of the wife.. since it's a husband-wife company/etc) pregnant!! about 5.5 months along or something :) and on more random news, i get fed! yay! that's our payment hahaha it was either gas or food.. so.. we chose food.. :) went to a nice organic store and ate from the salad bar. it was actually quite good, though the soup was a little bland (darn organic stuff).





the drive is a nice way to catch up with people. finally am making use of my bluetooth headset, hahaha. of course there are certain parts where i lose signal but i think it's only once.. or something.. i dunno, doesn't bother me too much. of course, it would help if people ANSWERED THEIR PHONES.. ahem! hahaha. or could even use them :P

anywayy so weird "couple ESP" moment.. i was telling the bf how it was a good time to catch up with people and he didn't answer me for like.. 5min.. then asked if i really said that.. i said yes.. he said because that was exactly what he was doing when he was driving back (he goes on tuesdays). LMAO! we have these weird moments all the time xD they're hilarious.





speaking of the bf.. he left around 7:00AM to head to palo alto (staying at the stanford dorms) to photograph the SENIOR GAMES (link). it's actually part of a class that's offered here at brooks.. called ADVANCED SPORTS or something. he's there from today until aug16th :( i'm already sad that he left (was even more sad this morning). BLEGH!

out of the 17 or so people that applied for the class (have to send in portfolios, etc).. 10 were chosen. i forget if it was 8photog and 2video or 10photog and 2video.. probably 8-2.. either way. 10 people were chosen :) and he was one of them! yay~ he doesn't have too many SPORTS shots (like what you see of NFL.. close-up, background is blurred).. he prefers doing the more zoomed-out artsy shots--which i quite like. but he'll be doing lots of the usual sports shots.

it basically consists of him shooting constantly for 2 weeks.. having to upload it to a server for newspapers/etc by 8:00AM every day, NO MATTER WHAT.. so.. if he gets back late from a sports shoot, he's gonna have to stay up that much longer to edit/etc. i'm sure he'll be fine but i'm worried that i won't be able to talk to him much. LOL, i'm such a baby.. it's only 2.5 weeks and i'm moping already :P

he sent me the above pic to my email (since you can't send pics via text on the iphone--suck!). he looks quite tired. LOL. poor guy :P i gave him so much crap this morning because i was really moody since he was leaving PLUS he woke me up to move my car (we park both of our cars in the driveway).. and.. i am one grumpy morning person, LOL.



and again on the bf topic.. he hates pho.. and especially hates the smell of kimchi. hates it. SOOO.. now that he's gone.. guess what i've been eating??




SPICY THINGS! hahahaa. well, more specifically kimchi+rice for breakfast then shin ramyun+kimchi for lunch. MAN.. SO SPICY.. it's like i'm trying to give myself indigestion. definitely burped more than usual, LOL. gross, i know :)

i couldn't even finish my bowl T__T my tastebuds were just too unhappy with me.. so.. i went with ice cream :) mmmm~

see how shiny i look? (pic taken with a USB plug-in webcam.. so we can try to webchat when he's up there ^0^ and all i can think of is transformers2 and some monster robot chick eating him LOL!!). that's all because it's HOT.. and this was after blotting too. meehhhh. looks dewy though xD hahaa so i guess it's not a bad thing. but don't ask me how i did my makeup because.. i really didn't.. (i mean YES i'm wearing makeup but NO i don't think i made it that dewy purposefully).





dewydewy. that's the pic i sent back to the bf :) no reply yet so i dunno if he got it.. meh.. i miss him... it'll hit me more later when he's not home, in bed, curled up with me :( blegh.




oh yea! i started the depotting process and COMPLETELY PWNED my nyx black eyeshadow ;( booo! i pwned it during depotting.. then i put it back together.. then it got DROPPED (i think the bf was moving stuff off the bed and onto the floor).. sighhh! oh well, not like i used it that often hahaha. but still, it was nice to have.




anyway.. gonna.. i dunno. be productive or something.

13 comments:

Tina Dang said...

I love those noodles lol! Your hair is cute : ) Btw, did you use the pore peeler yet?

Tina Dang said...

I know what you mean! The first time I used it it hurted too! But, eventually it subsides. Now it doesn't even feel different for me lol. If you have really noticable blackheads like I do it is going to help big time. You can lift them up and get spikes on your napkin like the ones in Jess's pics.

Lolita Riot said...

awwww I know exactly how you feel! I'm so attatched to the boy =p even for a weekend! omg how can he hate pho??! :O!!!! crazy talk! I have been craving it forever! yumyum esp the curry kind of pho :)
haha youre so funny, I loooove spicy foods and have been craving it for a long time now... today I didnt have anything spicy though :(

eki said...

LOL that's funny your bf hate kimchi XD so you go ahead and have a kimchi and shin ramen feast LOL XD

man i want some kimchi now thanks to you :P

Catherine said...

Awww, poor you - I hate being left home alone too. ;_; But LOL @ the spicy things. Ice cream is AWESOME. :D

Maybe we can chat more... depends on what I'm doing in lab...

Anastacia said...

AWWW! My hubby's the very favourite ramyon! I can't eat it because it soooo spicy for me! LOL:

Whitney & the full effect said...

"i couldn't even finish my bowl T__T my tastebuds were just too unhappy with me.. so.. i went with ice cream :)"

haha you're too funny sarah-
hey i forgot, did i ever send you a cosmedicine medi-matte sample? if so, did you like it or use it?

Kalmo said...

Congrats on interning! LOL We're a lot alike, I would have chosen food too! XD Congrats to your bf too! Hardworking couple.

I LOVE that brand of noodles, spicy goodness, I always add veggies and eggs (pre-diet lol). Depotting sounds risky! Good luck. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow what a long drive!! Catching up with people IS a nice upside to having a long drive though. :) I should do that too when I'm headed to work...if only I didn't leave for work at 5:30am. lol! Ugh and I gotta get my bluetooth working again (O.o) OoOo kimchi!! I love it! (>_<) You look so cute and tan in those pics! :D

Jamilla Camel said...

Pho and Kim Chee! Love 'em both!

I be sure and stink up the house when Jamal is travelling!!

Jamilla Camel said...

Pho and Kim Chee! Love 'em both!

I be sure and stink up the house when Jamal is travelling!!

rae630 said...

ya, i hate it when my bf leaves for business trips. i'm usually moody the night before he leaves. its been a couple years now since he's been going on these business trips, and i still cry. hahaha. i've never been to ojai. i've heard of it, but never knew where it was. ya, the longer you're with someone, the more wierd coinky dink stuff happens. like you've become the same person. hahaha. PHO! i want PHO!!! rawr!!

wuzzyangel said...

Haha monster robot chick eating your BF! LOL! And how can he NOT like pho!! It's the shit!! Love that stuff! I even eat it on a 90degree day! LOL!

Wow that is a long drive!! But I'm glad that your able to use your amazing photog skillz more!! Even if it's not all the time on the job! LOL!

Congrats to the BF for getting picked! But being apart sucks! Been there done that....