Friday, May 8, 2009

©sarahsakamoto!

 for those of you wondering what the heck this "jesusita fire" looks like.. and for those of you who want to see more of my photography (caroline!) even though i'm sure you don't want to see more under these circumstances.





thankfully we have the wonderful LA FIRE, fire depts and other people working hard to save lives and houses.




flames are craaaazy!




lots of people busy evacuating.. and others investigating.




it's snowing.. ash!




looks like molten lava up there. "dante's peak", anyone?




more pictures are up on my website
under "santa barbara fires", images 1-12.
montecito tea fire pictures are still up, images 13-22.

16 comments:

ღ Caroline♔ said...

aww, i feel special!! of COURSE i'd like to see more! hehehe...i think the 2nd photo is amazing...it's just so...pretty and mysterious! and the snowing ash photo too! ;P i'm glad to know that you're safe!!

wuzzyangel said...

OMG! Is that really close to your house?! Is everyone okay?

Be safe!

And they are great pics though! LOL!

Catherine said...

Wow, that's insane. It looks really really bad this time... =/ Hope you and yours are all staying safe.

Beautiful work though. I remember last year during the SD wildfires almost everyone left - school was cancelled for an entire week. When the smog/ash got really bad, SO and I went to the beach by Scripps pier and sat at the bottom of the cliffs. The smog would blow out over the cliffs and then get taken away by the wind and sea. Only clear air for miles.

Kim said...

gosh that fire looks scary! your pictures are really great though :)

im done said...

dang thats no good at all. I been hearing a lot about those fires.

I hope you stay safe.

We had fires down in so cal a few months ago. it was pretty bad...

Anonymous said...

Heeey, I got something for you on my latest blog entry! Check it out :)

Edna said...

Wow, you're brave for snapping all those photos. Stay safe

Sofie said...

Stay safe dear!

And those photos are amazing! You are really talanted!

Lolita Riot said...

wow thats crazy! you took those pics? theyre' really good. Glad youre ok =)

Mona said...

omg that look terrifying. everything ok!?

MiuMiu said...

those are some great pics. i hope no one got hurt!!

May said...

Be safe!

All your pics look great.

Anonymous said...

im glad to hear you're safe (: cool photos though!

Audrie said...

omg so crazy!! I've never experienced forest fires before...x[

Love your photography!

Angie said...

Uh oh, hope that isn't too close to where you are at! The fires look scary!

But your photography skills shine through!

Ahleessa said...

I heard about the fire being started by kids *sigh*. I can't believe it!