how do you girls keep track of when you need to throw certain products away? :|
mascara: 3-6 months
concealer (with wand applicator: 3-6 months
liquid eyeliner: 3-6 months
concealer (w/o wand): 1 year
lipgloss: 18-24 months
blush/bronzer: 2 years
pencil eyeliner: 2-3 years
eyeshadow: 3 years
lipstick: 2-4 years
do you write the date you opened it on the bottom?
keep a track of products/open date elsewhere?
just figure you'll KNOW when to throw it out?
use all of it up during the period, so never had to worry about it?
i just put tentative dates up on my google calendar.. i KNOW i just bought the mascaras in the middle of this month, so i knew what date to throw them away (all 4.. eek!). the other products i lumped together.. i've definitely had lipgloss for longer than JUST TODAY but i counted 2 years from today to throw them away. same with eyeshadows, etc. boo! i don't want to throw it away :(
heeelp! any suggestions?
Sunday, March 29, 2009
expiration question!
Posted by izumi at 7:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
hey! cute blog. i just came across here through fuzkittie's site! i hate throwing away mascara and eyeliners but they always expire on me after a while! as in.. dries up, or doesn't work as efficiently! so thats when i know they expire. eyeshadows tend to break too! but otherwise, i think eyeshadows can last you forever!
I toss out mascaras pretty regularly, some stuff I write the dates on the bottle (primers, products in tubes), lipsticks and glosses I'll toss once it starts to smell different, eyeshadows/blushes/powders also get tossed if it starts to smell odd, or I got through a makeup cleanse and start tossing stuff that I haven't used in a long time :)
i go downtown sb whenever my bf comes to visit...usually like once every other week? i wanna go this week tho lol
yea. im not good with throwing away makeup .. i know i have a lot of makeup thats old..lol
I throw away my mascaras religiously every 3 months. I write it down on my calendar.
For things in tubes, I write it on the tube with a small sharpie.
For powders, I go through them once in a while. Everything gets opened and smelled, and of course, tossed if it smells funky.
My personal view is that with powders you are pretty safe. Anything in a cream/liquid formula needs to be checked, and anything that goes near your eye (like mascara) needs to be tossed frequently.
I chuck out mascaras after 3 months. I hardly use liquid makeup so that's a good thing because I hardly use up any of the products. I also use a lot of mineral makeup that doesn't really expire except if you expose them to water/humidity, so that's a pretty good thing as well.
Hey babe!
I don't really have regulations for when I toss out my makeup, but definitely eyeliners go pretty fast!
I always clean my eyeliner with alcohol :D (if i hadn't been using it for a while)
i used to write the month & year that i bought it ON the product, but then i realized that i have reasons that i tell myself when i buy makeup so i always remember when i bought [i.e. certain MAC collections]. so anyway, i stopped writing dates on them cuz i realized i remember exactly when i bought them.
Mascaras are the main item you really have to worry about. I'm really quite bad at throwing away makeup items..
I usually toss after I feel like they've lost their effectiveness.
Post a Comment