Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 11

Day 11- A picture of something you dislike.

Since I've been so bad about keeping up with this (in my defense, I've been moving in/cleaning/being lazy).. ya'll get FOUR pictures of TWO things I don't like. Woohoo!



I absolutely ABSOLUTELY FIERCELY IMMENSELY dislike having unread e-mails in my inbox. My friend sent me an e-mail as a reminder to give her something when I see her next, and I know if I read it, I will ignore the message (even if I star it, because I don't always look at the starred messages -- even though, that is a REALLY COOL FEATURE and HIGH-FIVE gmail!!) and thus the reminder will be rendered useless. Because we both have bad memories. And we both will forget. And I've already forgotten for 2+ years that I was supposed to give this to her... though it's not as bad as like, the 5+ years I've forgotten to RETURN something to someone ELSE.. anyway. SO I've been testing my will power to see how long I can have it say Gmail - Inbox (1) without driving me absolutely insane. I think it helps if I have another e-mail open, but what if I receive ANOTHER e-mail and it's direly important that I see that message but I don't because I have another e-mail open because I'm trying not to read the one unread message (which has now become two, apparently).

I don't care if it makes me seem like a loser with no life. I like responding to e-mails quickly and efficiently. Because I hate it when people don't answer my e-mails quickly and efficiently. WHO CARES IF I HANG AROUND MY COMPUTER FOR 25 HOURS OUT OF THE DAY?? (see what I did there? ehhh? ehhhhh).

I also think I have become increasingly sarcastic and hyperbolic (as in, overusing hyperboles) because I've just recently found THIS blog and it's amazing and-a-half: Hyper and a Half. Yes, I am addicted and I have been reading this entire blog backwards. Well, I mean.. one day I will accomplish reading it in its entirety. It's sort of like when I discovered NotAlwaysRight.com which ALSO consumed my life...

I also think I much prefer finding one blog and reading it ENTIRELY (yes, I've done this on numerous occasions, even for a few of you blogger ladies -- SIGH) rather than be a forum-fiend, which is what the boyfriend is. Yes, a forum-fiend.

And I am getting off topic and just as note, I also dislike starting sentences with "and" but if I don't, I tend to overuse "anyways".

Three dislikes in one post! Woohoo!






MY MAIN DISLIKE.... alcohol.

I can't stand how it tastes. It's pretty gross. I also tend to get red in .000000005 seconds and I CANNOT TAKE SHOTS FOR THE LIFE OF ME (I did it once in the first month I was in college and I had to throw up because I felt so queasy and sick and I had a hard time breathing -- maybe I'm allergic? Maybe I'm just a wuss? How does one know? I must find out).

My mom has finally stopped turning red when she drinks. She is also 40 years older than I am (sorry for exposing your age, mom). So I get to wait FORTY YEARS before I stop turning red when I drink... awesome.





HOWEVER.... I did find one or two drinks that I like.

1. The unnamed random fruity martini/cocktail (though I think it was a martini, but I can never remember the word "cocktail" probably because the inner child in me wants to giggle at the word so I just chose to not remember it to avoid random giggle fits) that I was given at Dargan's on my birthday night. Note to self, go back and see if I can get another one then REMEMBER TO ASK WHAT IT IS... ahem. Rendered useless, because I don't know what it is. Yes, I became insanely red but it also helped out my pool shooting abilities (do you shoot pool?) immensely.

2. Lindemann's Lambic! Preferably in peach, but raspberry is pretty good (but it's much sweeter and I can't drink a bottle of it in one sitting -- man, that sounds really alcoholic but this really has less alcohol content than a regular beer -- PROBABLY) and I don't like the other 3-or-so flavors.

Yes, it is amazing. And I've gotten other friends who don't really like alcohol to try it and they also like it.

/win

It is also probably the epitome of the "fruity drink".







Also, I dislike when I get into reading someone's blog, then find myself writing or talking like them. This also happens in person. I tend to take on traits from people -- usually traits that I think are cool or cute. Thus my phase "wHeN ii tYpEd lyKe dHiS" (FML, by the way. TOTAL FML. Um, mom, don't ask me what that means because I know you're going to). Or when my last boyfriend picked up his friend's laugh (REALLY, REALLY LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS -- yes, it was THAT loud and obnoxious to merit being in all caps AND bolded), I then in turn picked it up (I don't know if I liked it, but I was around the guy ALL THE TIMEEEEE -- the ex, that is).




I also dislike the fact that there's no "one song loop" on YouTube and that I have to hit replay every 3-4 minutes. I am seriously contemplating actually purchasing the(se) song(s), but then I remember that I don't remember what my iTunes name/password is and that the boyfriend probably would not appreciate me using his and his monies..




My life is much more interesting when I over exaggerate 90% of what's going on. If this were facebook, and that were my status, I would "like" that. Hardy har har.




Okay, I need to stop blogging at 2AM because apparently I think I am the funniest person ever. I'm not drunk. I swears. I think it's just Hyperbole and a Half rubbing off on me. Damn it. At least you got 5 dislikes in one post... that's good, right?

Time to go find something to eat.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ahahahaha!! I like your dislikes. I also dislike alcohol at the present moment. Primarily because I love a tipple more than I should!

mayaari said...

lol I have so many e-mails starred and tagged, but I always forget to go back and read them! Most of them just have links that I haven't bookmarked yet =P

I'm with you on the alcohol - I turn red after a tiiiiiny sip! I read somewhere that a lot of Asian people lack an enzyme that breaks down alcohol at a slower pace, so if you turn red it's because the body is in overdrive to burn off the alcohol. I have cousins that are seriously allergic though, and they get spots like bruises on their skin if they have a drink. Me? I turn obnoxiously pink/red and smell like ethanol, lol. Taking some Pepcid AC before drinking cuts back on turning red, if you're ever out somewhere where you HAVE to drink, or you wanna drink and avoid looking like you have a sunburn =p

I ♥ that lambic too! it gives me such a headache the next morning though!

Lulu said...

OMG that email thing! i thought you were talking about me!!! i don't read starred email unless i'm specifically cleaning them out, so mark them unread is the only way to be reminded, but it bugs the hell out of me, esp when it shows on my phone too. hahaha.

. said...

I approve of this post! And, I totally got halfway through the entirety of NotAlwaysRight.com before realizing I was way too addicted. D: And sometimes I read blogger ladies' blogs the entire way. 9_9

Marie. said...

I HATE alcohol! It doesn't matter what I'm drinking, it's just all gross! I can stand Remy Martin with Coke and that's pretty much it! I use to like Smirnoff Ice but when it gets warm, gross.

I also hate having pending unread messages on anything... email, twitter, facebook, video games... anything! It drives me nuts. My husband never checks his stuff so there's pending messages everywhere. Drives me nuts!

I also leave important things unread lol.

Edna said...

I hate unread emails too!! Is your fav drink a cosmo? Thats a girly fruity drink in a martini glass!! If it is, it's such a classy drink!