Friday, April 2, 2010

School Dances

This is a post for Vy (JellyIceMilkBar)... since she's going to prom (how exciting!!) in a few weeks!

Quick compilation of ME; blurred out faces/bodies of dates and/or friends for their privacy, haha. All 4 senior year dances -- yeyuhh! I *would* post my junior year dances but.. one, they were all with my ex (not on good terms) and two, I don't have them on facebook and/or this MAC -- they're on my sucky Windows PC at my parents' house :P





Homecoming (Sept/Oct 06)
Suuuuuuuuuper tan from tennis... hahaha! Friend and I got the same dress, it was fun (: I think we got them from.. probably somewhere like ROSS. Length was around my knees (and I'm about 5'5). I still love this dress.. I wonder where it is.. though I bet the glitter was worn off in some areas.. hahaha! I believe I also wore silver heels.. but don't take my word for it. PS, do you see how far I'm standing from my date? Hahah! Awkwardd..






Winterformal... can't remember the date. December 06? Jan 07?
Me and some girls (: loveddddd this dress too -- still have it! Front part ended around my knees, back had a "train" of sorts that ended around my feet. Little round pieces of glitter (almost like sequins). Silver heels. Hair was tied to the side, slightly curled, with a gardenia tucked in at the tie. Also an awkward dance...






Sadies (March 07)
Hahah! Theme was "Movie Couples"... so we opted for... Memoirs of a Geisha. Yea, I didn't end up wearing this outfit to the actual dance BUT, it was fun for pictures :) and this was a pretty fun dance. Yukata was borrowed from my friend/"cuzzo" (: tehee! Love this thing! I'm pretty sure I changed into more of a "school girl" outfit... easier for dancing... hahah! You knoooow.








Compilation of senior prom (may 07).
Loveddddddddddddd my dress, holy bajeebers. Bought it on clearance (at the... Ontario Mills mall? Huuuuuge dress store there!) for around $25... I think? Then I had to get it altered for like... $30.. hahaa -__- sigh.. it was a size too big, but I couldn't get over how much I loved it (details, color). Went shopping with THIS EXACT COLOR in mind.. didn't think I was going to find anything... so imagine my amazement! It's a pretty particular orange color as well :P

This is my absolute FAVORITE color of orange.. I love it but only on certain items, isn't that weird? Orange freesia... orange tinted rose... soooooo pretty, definitely my favorite corsage/boutonniere! Even bought jewelry JUST for this dance (and have not used it since, haha, sitting in my jewelry box at home). I believeeeee my heels were a rewear from junior year homecoming.. Hair was done by my friend/"cuzzo's" actual cousin, hahaa. Pulled tight into a ponytail (and TONS of hairspray for my baby hairs.. I'm talking CRUNCHY). I have a close-up picture of my hair somewhere.. but I suspect it's on my PC at home :(







What was your favorite high school dance? Or favorite high school memory (in general)?

15 comments:

Shiseiten said...

My favorite formal was my senior prom. I worked up a ton of courage to ask my friend from kendo, who was always so stoic when it came to girls and dances. I never thought he would agree to go with me! But I had the most wonderful time. I always had to ask the guys, but that's okay. haha. It's always fun to go back and look at formal pictures. Brings back so many memories! :D love your orange dress! I usually opted for just above the knee dresses. My first formal ever was a long dress, and after that I decided to save money on shorter dresses. But nothing too short! mid-calf was not a good look for me. =P

Stephanie said...

awww this is the cutest post!

Anastacia said...

You have a lot of beautiful dresses!

vy.francesca.le said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vy.francesca.le said...

Aww I feel so special getting mentioned. Whoo 7 days til prom! Gosh this time next week I hope I'll be able to sleep (so not happening, I'll be too nervous/excited).

Loved all your dresses Sarah (:

Gosh your post reminds me that my remaining high school dances are counting down...

My favorite so far was Sr Boat, only because my friend wanted to go to this super high end restaurant but it was a costume dance so we were all dressed funny sitting with old stuffy people and the waitress kept laughing at us... :D

♥ 珊珊 Kawaii Kuromi ♥ said...

wah soo prettty :D

DinaXYYan said...

your dresses are so beautiful!

Leenda said...

Awww you look so cute in your pictures!

Kalmo said...

Aw what cute pictures! You look stunning in your orange dress, it's gorgeous!

wuzzyangel said...

Whoa in every dress you look sexy woman! ;) And that yukata looks soo cute on you!! Whoa I'd never be brave enough to wear that shade of orange/rust. But on you it's gorgeous!!!

Thanks for sharing these with us!! A little glimpse into the past!

Marie. said...

I only went to one high school dance. Prom. My ex boyfriend's prom. Couldn't go to my prom cause my boyfriend's ex was stalking us. Lameee!

Favorite high school memory? Wow, there's a lot of those lol.

Catherine said...

Hahaha, this post is AWESOME!! I think my favorite was probably junior prom, actually. Had a pretty dress for it.

mayaari said...

aww, what a cute post! and i love your dress in the first pic :)

my favorite high school dance was most likely senior prom - my prom date was my ex bf but we were still really good friends, so there was no pressure of a "date" - and my dress was only like, $30 at a dept store & looked awesome! I might have to search for an old prom photo to share :)

Unknown said...

don't laugh but uh... we never had school dances. ever. ;P so i've never been to a school dance.. we didn't even have dancing at our prom. hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Aww! You had some pretty dresses!! (>_<) Hmmm I had so much fun during my senior year prom. :D Actually, my boyfriend and I broke up from before so I took a friend instead. haha. It was fun going stag with the girls. :D