So, I tweeted:
"amusing myself w prpl skittle nails... OPI catherine the grape, ChG let's groove, OPI prpl w a purpose, milani hi-res, SallyH opulent cloud."
(BIG SIGH to Twitter's 140 character limit)
Why? Boyfriend had a friend over (mutual friend) and they were playing some sort of Command and Conquer... so all I was hearing was "Made in the US of A" or... whatever else they (characters in the game) say. LOL! What else was I supposed to do? -__-
And Catherine of [Aragon!... not really] StrawberryMochi requested pics... so here you go hun! x3 unfortunately, no FULL hand pictures as I absolutely abhor my cuticles (and yet, you notice, I never fix them? hahah!).
Application was a bit runny... but nothing I couldn't work with, just because the color is SOOOO fab x3 dusty purple with a pale gold shimmer? HEEEEllo!
Okay, so the colors flipped.. but I think that was fairly obvious. Going by the TOP picture order because then I can just copy-paste my tweet (and add in a few vowels. SIGH TWITTER!). BUT.. if you want to know which pic is more true to color, I'd have to say the bottom one. Except that the colors are a smidge darker... and I'm talking about a smidge of a smidge.
Okay, so the colors flipped.. but I think that was fairly obvious. Going by the TOP picture order because then I can just copy-paste my tweet (and add in a few vowels. SIGH TWITTER!). BUT.. if you want to know which pic is more true to color, I'd have to say the bottom one. Except that the colors are a smidge darker... and I'm talking about a smidge of a smidge. OPI Catherine the Grape -- purchased
China Glaze Let's Groove -- gifted
OPI Purple with a Purpose -- gifted
Milani Hi-Res -- purchased
All were two coats with a thin line across the tip of my nail to see if that would improve on wear time... and one coat of Seche Vite.. and one coat of Essie Protein Base Coat. I'm sure they could all use a third coat (except for Let's Groove) but.. I got impatient. And lazy. Tehee?
Application was all fine and dandy, though I do think Milani's brush seemed to be a bit better... maybe it picked up less color.. or was a little stiffer to be more precise.. or was less likely to mess up just because it's a holo. Ugh, I love love loveeeee Hi-Res! Would I be ridiculous enough to buy a back up bottle? Perhapsss.. perhaps... *taps fingertips together*
Pretty and purple! I couldn't decide which color to use... so I used them all. Let's see if the different colored nails will annoy the OCD-ness within me.. hahaha.
12 comments:
purple really suits you. I cannot pick one fave out of the shades you have but I am certain that lilac would suit you too!
i really am lucky to meet yumeko. she is a doll a true lady!
I love purples. =] I never fix my nails either. I just wait for it to fix itself. hahah Different colored nails would really bother me.
Oh thanks for the swatches, they all look lovely. hehe I had to search high and low for SH Opulent Cloud and I love it too. Now I want to get those Milani Hi-Res polishes after seeing how pretty they are on your hand. :)
I lovee the glittery one
Berry mix skittles!! LOL! Grapelicious nails! ;)
Pretty purples! I think I only have 3 purple polishes out of like... 60 lol.
I like the first two purples from the top picture. I love purple everything. oh, and my cuticles are horrible. i have man hands. <3 Rina
great post title.. i got cheated thinking it was something about skittles coz i just love skittles so much. hahha!!
anyway, lovely shades of purple there but i love the one on ur ring finger the most. Classy :D
I love purple nail polishes! :D
and yeah....i'm going to visit in a few weeks and staying over there, so we'll see what I do. I figure the pain of not knowing for the rest of your life, versus the initial embarrassment outweighs the other. I've been struggling with it for almost 5 years now, it's time i stop worrying and take the leap of faith. :) thanks for the input sarah, it made me feel better to read it. and just writing it out finally made me feel better too. :D
I love it!!! :D
CG let's groove is such a pretty, deep purple :) and I <3 hi-res! i need to slap on some cuticle oil and do another mani...so many polishes! not enough fingers!
Pretty purples! I need to get myself some purples :)
Post a Comment