Monday, February 1, 2010

Blushers (random)

Continuation of my blushers! These are the random ones sitting around (not in my palette).







Bourjois Peche

- Ranges from $7~11 online (but this was a gift from Catherine) for 2.5 grams.

- Comes with a handy mirror that's just big enough to see your cheek

- Very pretty shimmery orange (or maybe a true peach?) with golden microglitter.

- Texture is a little rough.. I feel like I have to dig in my brush to get enough to show up on my face (or maybe I'm just dark.. haha, I wonder how this would look on fairer skin tones?). The swatch was preeeeetty heavy and definitely layered on.

- Very compact, great for traveling. BUT I feel like the container itself could be a little smaller since it seems like there's lost space between blush and the mirror.

- Very pretty but if I *had* to narrow down my collection, I would definitely think of this one--just based on texture and pigmentation.. and how it shows up on my NC37 skin. And I would be sad that I thought of this one, because it really is a very pretty color IMO.











MAC Dainty

- Bought off a blogsale

- MAC describes it as a "light yellow pink with gold pearl"

- I was planning on depotting it.. then I realized.. MSF's probably aren't too keen on the whole depotting thing, haha. So.. it just sits in my drawer and I don't really get around to using it. Blah! In fact, this is the second time I've swatched it, hahaha. And that's it!

- Swatched, then blended (last pic). Probably over blended. Swatched below with comparisons.

- Texture is great, definitely smoother than the Bourjois but not as smooth as the pan ones.. because it's a mineralized blush.

- Price is at $21.00 (ouch!). Not a MUST HAVE but more of a "nice to have". I should definitely start reaching for this one soon.




Milani Luminous, MAC Peachykeen, MAC Dainty (it looks so pale!)



Swatched on NC37 skin (probably looks a little darker) in reverse. All fairly similar but not similar enough to truly knock one out of my collection. I'll have to actually wear this one for a little while, then report back.















PAUL & JOE 002 Flower (Disney collection)

- Gifted from Angie (who needs to blog more!) at our meet up last year :D

- Super pretty! Swatched the mix (L) then the two pearls separately. Awesome for a soft innocent flush.

- Powder puff that comes with it is super cute and feminine, not to mention VERY soft.

- Unfortunately limited edition and sold out (as far as I can tell).. so I'm not sure about the price either.

- Packaging is beyond adorable but it's hard to travel with, I'm always afraid I'm doing to dent the packaging or something. Fairly sturdy card board.

- In love with this blush.. and definitely need to use it more often.












Sonia Kashuk: Flamingo

- Can be found at Target.. I'm sure other drugstores or markets as well. I assume the price is $10 or less, this one was gifted to me by Katie. She says this is a dupe for MAC PINK SWOON (check out the other gifts/dupes from her in this post).

- Very pretty matte! GASP! I think it's the only matte shade in my entire collection.

- This has been my RECENT "go-to" blush.. perfect flush.. super natural.. hard to over do with my normal application. The picture shows pretty heavy swatching.

- Texture is super smooth.. very pigmented.. reminds me of MAC blushes, honestly.

- Comes with a handy dandy mirror.. and a brush. I haven't used the brush (honestly I haven't even taken it out of the packaging until JUST NOW lol) but it feels very soft and smooth.

- Packaging is very sturdy, very clean, flat, stacks well.

- RECOMMENDED! I want to go check out the other blush shades :D










Let me know if you have any questions ^___^ hope this helps!

14 comments:

Lilladylife said...

the sonia one is beautiful!!!!! maybe i should check it out next time! i have always wanted to try boujouis

DinaXYYan said...

I love the Paul & Joe packaging! Looks really pretty.
and thanks for your sweet comment :)

wuzzyangel said...

Ack always wanted to get my hands on a P&J! LOL! Peachykeen is looking nicer & nicer everytime you show it! LOL!

Ahleessa said...

P&J has such a cute packaging! I love it... hehe~

Lolita Riot said...

being the blush addict that I am, I love these posts :)!

Catherine said...

Dude, girl, you have so many pretty blushes you should use more!! I totally agree with you on the Bourjois one. I probably should have added a note I think it works better as a cheekbone highlighter. =)

Anastacia said...

These are so pretty blushes as well! You have such sweet cheekie collection :)

vanilla said...

awww u got so many blushes!hehe

amynaree said...

pretty! i love blushes, the P&J one is so cute and I have to try the Sonia one now :)

Anonymous said...

Good god, the P&J blush is sooo adorable! And the colour is right up my alley too! I have Dainty, it's a nice everyday blush =)

Anonymous said...

i want to check out the sonia kashuk blushes!!! so preeeety!!

Sarah said...

Oooh Flamingo looks soooo pretty! I love flamingo's ;)
And I LOVE Bourjous blushers! Loved this post so much!!!! :)

sugarmizbunni said...

Woooowww Paul & Joe packaging is the cutest^^ love it.

Yumeko said...

ooh i liike the sonia one
reminds me of angelika from nars but without the glitter!!