Friday, January 29, 2010

Blushers (MAC palette)

Helloooooo! I almost forgot about this blog post.. hahaa. Trying to keep up with the "one post every 3 days" thing. Yesterday was suuuch a tiring day.. woke up at 3AM.. left the house at 4AM.. met up with my intern boss.. drove down to San Clemente (well, I passed the f out, LOL) and.. then.. we had a photoshoot at Lowe's (yah, like Home Depot).. didn't leave until about 6PM.. it was "CRAY CRAYYYY" (haha).


Anywayy.. decided to show you guys my BLUSHERS.. give you a quick idea on pigmentation, rough color descrip (probably just copy paste from MAC or where ever site), etc. Might end up doing an "OVER ALL" ranking post if I'm feeling lazy.. hahaha. We'll see :P


ON TO THE PICS/SWATCHES~




TOP (L-R): MAC dollymix, MAC peachykeen, MAC margin
BOTTOM (L-R): MILANI luminous, blank, MAC harmony (hit pan!)











MILANI Luminous

- It looks weird because it totally was owned when I was depotting it.. sigh!

- Very pretty color, supposedly a dupe for NARS Orgasm but I don't have it to compare (well, I did but never though to compare it.. mostly because.. I hated the glitter in the NARS!)

- Found at drugstores, can't remember how much but I bet it's $10 or less.. plus it's the same size pan (sliiiiiightly smaller, as in the edges don't meet all the way.. but you can hardly tell) as MAC.. definitely cheaper than NARS.. good stuff!

- Good color pay off.. mine is a little weak.. I think it's because of how I re-pressed it. If I suddenly get lots of money (helloooo loan check in Feb!) I think I may repurchase it, because I really do love this color, it was definitely a "go to" shade for me.

- Pigmentation is good, it's hard to over do it (in my opinion, maybe my brush sucked back then) since it has a pretty "duotone" sheen.. peachy pink.

- Recommended!











MAC Dollymix

- Bought off a blogsale (thanks Sher!)

- MAC describes it as a "pure candy pink (sheertone shimmer)".. looks like there are smaaaaaall silver microglitter (I guess microglitter would cover the "small" huh?) but you don't really notice it. Not quite as natural since it's a shimmer, but that's fine with me.

- Swatched (L) once, (R) heavily

- As you can see.. you can only really wear this blush if you're IN THE MOOD FOR BLUSH. Either that, or apply with a light hand. That's why it doesn't really look like I've used this shade very much~ because I really haven't.

- Great for "dolly" looks, sweet innocent flush that's popular with "gyaru" looks.

- MAC prices.. $18.50/per (unless you buy just the pan) which is kind of a bummer.. I'm sure there is a drugstore dupe out there if you're strapped for cash.

- Pigmentation is great (as you can see).










MAC Peachykeen

- Bought the pan off the MAC website.. after a recommendation from Whit

- MAC describes it as "very baby peach (sheertone shimmer)"

- MAC prices.. $18.50/per (unless you buy just the pan) which is kind of a bummer.. I'm sure there is a drugstore dupe out there if you're strapped for cash.

- Definitely my current "go to" blush.. LOVE this color! It's hard to over-do in my opinion, swatched once on the left side, swatched heavily on the right. Pigmentation is on point.

- Downside is that it IS a shimmer.. so it's not as natural as a matte blush. But I don't really care :P harhar.

- RECOMMENDED!











MAC "Margin"

- MAC describes it as "peach with golden shimmer (frost)".. definitely not as natural. I still like the color.. but.. I'm sort of leaning towards finding a similar color but in shimmer or matte.

- Bought at the store while looking for a pretty peachy blush. Definitely warms up your complexion, and can be used as a sort of orangey/peachy bronzer.

- Definitely kind of sits in here in my palette.. I don't want to get rid of it but I don't really tend to use it either. It also chipped during my depotting process but instead of repressing the pieces that fell out, I just dumped it.

- Texture is SUPER smooth (as are the other MAC blushes!). Feels like butter.. or silk.. or something.

- Pigmentation is SUPER. It's easy to overload your blush and go crazy, so be careful.

- MAC prices.. $18.50/per (unless you buy just the pan) which is kind of a bummer.. I'm sure there is a drugstore dupe out there if you're strapped for cash.










SWATCHED
Sonia Kashuk: Flamingo (in a later post)
Milani: Luminous
MAC: Dollymix
MAC: Peachykeen




Swatched on my arm in reverse order.. I'm about NC37. See the pretty sheen that Luminous gives?? And how silky/powdery the MAC blushes are--I guess I swatched a bit too heavily xD











MAC Harmony

- I don't really consider as a blush, since I use it to contour. I bought this when I was looking for MAC Emote (recommendation for contour) but.. of course.. it was d/c'd so the SA and my friend said this was a good dupe, if you don't want to shell out $30+ to get a hard-to-find Emote.

- MAC describes it as a "muted rose-beige brown (matte)".. I don't really see the "rose tone" part of it since it seems more neutral to me. Some people don't like this because they think it looks muddy. As far as contouring goes.. and bronzing.. I've also tried the NYC Bronzer but I feel that it's too orangey to truly contour with.

- Pigmentation is great.. texture is great.. etc.

- MAC prices (again) sort of suck at $18.50 and I hear there are a few other good drugstore dupes.. like NYX "Taupe". You can also use 1-2 shade darker powder for contour.









If anyone's interested, I haven't listed it up on my blogsale.. I'd be willing to sell MARGIN and DOLLYMIX for $10/ea.. or both for $17. They're both depotted (obviously). Let me know :)

18 comments:

Anastacia said...

I wish we have Mac store here and I'll be buy all of them!! Especially peachykeen one! Looks absolutely amazing!

Anonymous said...

I have a MAC blush pan too, and like you, there is still on blank pan, but I don't know which shade I should pick to complete it, haha...

Thanks for the great swatches, Sarah! All shades look pretty, but I'm too fair to wear these. :/

Unknown said...

I frikken LOOOOVE Dollymix! I wear that thing almost every day, it's so pigmented yet sheer enough for daytime, then u can definitely build it up for night.

Roxy said...

i love all of those! except i've never tried the milani

Phoebe Limanta said...

i love peachykeen and I WANT EMOTE! oh my gosh, i am in dire need of a contour colour! thanks for the swatches hun :D very helpful!

SHIZUKA said...

haha! im trying really hard to do a post in 5 days LOL. everyday is simply impossible and 3 days is pushing it so i make it 5:) but still kinda suck at that!
peachykeen and the margin look great ! x

ChyiX2 said...

The peachykeen looks really pretty. I've been wanting to try a new blush for a while now. I might look into this. Thanks for posting!

wuzzyangel said...

I've been thinking about picking up Peachykeen when my NARS run out. LOL! But I always say that and I still go back for Orgasm! Right now I'm trying to use up the Smashbox one though!

hollyannaeree said...

lol you have more mac blushes than me!

Catherine said...

Ooh, pretty collection! I only have one MAC blush - Nuance, and no drugstore ones... I'm so sad - they reformulated Milani Luminous in the new packaging and reports are the old one was awesome. I actually just got NARS Orgasm in swap but it's so goddamned frosty lol.

Love the swatches! :D

Lolita Riot said...

you reminded me to buy a blush palette! Ive got pans just sitting in my drawer lol

vanilla said...

awww nice collection!:)

amynaree said...

thanks for the blush swatches! i love mac blushes, the variety of colors are endless

Eva said...

peachykeen is pretty!! thanks for the swatches

Ahleessa said...

I've been curious about MAC blush in Harmony for some time. I wondered if they would make a great contour color and from your words, it sounds great! :) What is your skin tone? I'm wondering if it will show up on my skin tone... hehe~

Unknown said...

photoshoot at Lowe's!?!? what were you guys photographing?!?! ;P

Anonymous said...

Wow the Milani one looks soooo pigmented! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Nice blushes! I love Peachykeen, it gives such a nice flush and is suitable for so many skintones. A total winner in my book =)