*Scheduled post*
I know this polish has been around for awhile--from the MAC "A Rose Romance" collection. And this is definitely not the first time I've worn this polish.. BUT.. as long as I'm on a roll with this "beauty blog" thing, I figured why not!
PS- I received this polish as a gift from a dear friend.
Three coats plus one coat Seche Vite top coat.
Three coats were used to get complete opacity.. though I'm sure two coats would've been enough. I'm just especially picky :P
MAC described it as a "creamy-dirty mid-toned lavender". I think this polish has a touch more PINK than purple (though the purple is still there), so I would dub it a "dusty mid-tone pink-with-some-purple". Very exact and scientific, I know :P
Here are some other reviews:
The Shades of U (Konad-ed)
I think everything they say is true, so if you've read these before, I'm basically regurgitating and repeating information that you already know.
Application is great and the color is pretty unique--definitely unique in my own personal collection. I like the shape of the bottle and the sound it makes when you shake the polish--definitely deeper toned than, say, Wet n' Wild (I know, it's really random). The polish looks opaque under light but when your finger pad is facing towards a light:
This happens. It looks streaky, but I mean.. how often do you come across lighting like this?
I'm not much of a PINK person, much less pink nailpolish.. but this is definitely interesting enough for me to keep around and use again in the future. Definitely a spring-y shade (what's with me and these springy colors?). Girly but not overly done.
Overall, great polish!
* Update: about 20 hours later.. TIP WEAR!
So I posted pictures of both of my hands, just to show you. I do have to say.. I'm not the *best* critic about tip wear, since I use my hands HEAVILY.. *plus* I'm a big scratcher. I have psoriasis on my scalp, so if I don't shower every day, it just gets.. bad. I have medication to help me stop the itching, but yesterday was a bad day.
I painted my nails around 5PM, went to tennis from 6:30-10:30, came home and showered.. then this devastation happened.
In all fairness, I don't know if this was caused by my intense scratching OR if it was the nail polish. All I know is that this is.. really bad tip wear, usually something I get on day two, not within the first 24 hours. I didn't photograph my thumbs, but the tip wear there is about the same as the rest of my fingers--the ones with the most damage have been my pointer fingers--and again I apologize for the horrible cuticles.
I just wanted to post this up to show you guys the reason why I don't tend to wear nail polish.. because I get such bad tip wear in ONE day, so I have to take the polish off because I'm so OCD about it. But I did find a new way to take off my polish, so I'm more inclined to paint my nails more often.. so maybe I'll do a post about that :P
18 comments:
haha aww the nail polish looks pretty on you : ) im sad it chipped like that. grrr. last time i buy mac polishes! lol.
I love that polish color! It's so pretty. The Rose Romance Collection will always be one of my favs. Way to Love lipstick is my all time favorite <3 The name is just beautiful too.
Yuan had a family emergency this past weekend, he'll be back to work soon he said. He emailed me.
OoOo pretty color. I'm not usually one for pink but...OooOo :)
Ugh, yeah, I'm horrible with wearing nail polish too. It chips so badly and so quickly. :S
love that! it looks natural enough to make any nail seems healthy! I need me some of that top coat asap!
as for me (for not wearing any nail polish), i dun have great nails like everyone here :(
Awww! I didn't played tennis for 100 years lol: Lovely sport :P
I love both of the colors on your nails, but hmmm... that so bad it chipped so fast! I usually see my nail tips (like yours) about 5 days later...
the color is really pretty - shame that the tips started wearing off so fast though! maybe you did your coats too quickly? sometimes when I add another coat before the last one is really dry, my tips wear faster than usual...or it could be the formula, though I've never tried MAC nail polishes.
Looove that colour on you! I'm not a really big pink lacquer person, but this polish is pretty! Too bad it chips though. Mac comes out with some pretty awesome polish colours, but I was never really a fan of the formula. D:
the polish color looks sweet and pretty. I think it's perfect for a romantic date? :D
btw, maybe you could apply vaseline on ur cuticles or all over the fingers and wear gloves to sleep at night. I had this problem last time too. It helped! =)
Aww, I adore this color on you!! Did you wrap your base and TC too?? I type oodles and I usually don't get that kind of tipwear 'till the 3rd day or so!
And dude, I wanna know about this new method!
This nail polish is so pretty, thanks for sharing. Too bad you always experience bad chip wear due to your life style. Maybe you can trim you nails really short and paint them?
that is the prettiest pink colour i think i've seen! i usually don't even like pink polish! :P
get me a MAC pro card and that is when ill start buying their nail polishes! hahaha...anywho that is a pretty color!! it screams out spring!!
haha OCD about nails... i feel yah, not even so much about nails but other things too. i have to re-do!!!
I'm OCD about nail polish as well! That's probably why I never wear it, even though every day of every summer my toes are polished!!
it looks so smooooodddd on your nails! sometimes nail polish isn't so smooth on my nails cuz of some ridges yuck.. sad to see that it looked streaky up in the light.
Ahh the dreaded tip wear! I get that fast too! And mines tends to peel from the bottom. I have shitty cuticles! LOL! But at least you have nice nail bed & shape!
This is a nice creamy color on you! Yes I'd say a touch more pink too!
i just bought the same nail polish color and its such a pretty color. however, i do not use a top coat with it; i like the matte finish. i think it lasts longer (the nail polish) without the top. try it and see if you like it as well
=)
Post a Comment