Being sick really makes you realize a few things.
1. BREATHE DEEPLY! It's not something easily accomplished when you're constantly coughing.
2. Remember those tissue commercials.. that advertised lotion in the tissues? Those might be worth investing in, though I haven't yet. And yes, my nose is pretty raw.
3. Don't take taste for granted.
4. On that note.. if I had to lose one of my 5 senses, I would definitely get rid of smell. Why? I couldn't smell or taste for an entire day and what I missed most was definitely taste. When I realized I would smell again? The smell of a really, really bad exhaust. On the bright side, it makes you enjoy texture a lot more when you're eating.. hahah. And helps you get rid of stuff on the shelf you've been avoiding--like that can of low sodium chicken noodle soup. Gone!
5. Boyfriends are wonderful. I've both woken up and fallen asleep to him wrapping me up in all four of our extra blankets like a little asian burrito. HEHE :) though on a downside, he thinks he may be getting sick :( so I get to play mom/nurse again.
6. How kind-hearted, sweet and patient you really are on your normal days. I've ranted more times today than I have in the past few months... hahahaha. Or maybe things just kept rolling and rolling and finally turned into a ginormous clusterfcuk today (no running water in the house AND unneeded extra long hours tomorrow).
7. Makeup helps! I haven't looked this good while sick in.. EVER. Haha ;)
Oooo.. winter has struck. I have seveeeeeeeeeere dry skin! Especially around my nose/mouth + lips, yuck. Hope you're all doing much MUCH better than I--not very hard to do, might I add. Meh! Time to make some changes around here!
11 comments:
Get the PUFFS tissues with VICKS in them!! Dude I'd have that at my desk at work before just to sniff! ANd it's really soft too!
Smell huh? I guess.. but smell & taste go hand in hand! LOL! Asian burrito!
Get well soon moto!! :)
Did I ever tell you that in Swahili "moto" means HOT!!!!
so agree with fact numero uno. =D
I hope you get well soon. and keep wrapping up like an asianb burrito. =D
Oh man!! Feel better!! lol! Asian burrito!! And I would definitely not miss smell either. Tasting food is a must!! (>_<)
Have you ever tried Avon's ANEW Rejuvenate Day Cream? I use it for the dry skin around my nose, mouth and lips too and it works wonders! :D Bought it on Ebay :)
aww...sweetie. Yea, being sick always sucks. Especially when I get sick, i'm super sick and it's really bad for me.
At least u have ur very own nurse (bf). hehe. That's very sweet of him.
Take good care and I hope you're getting better each day. =)
I agree with 4 & 5! Texture over smell! Seriously, it makes you enjoy food more. And boyfriends are wonderful. Especially when you wake up and there's hot chicken noodle soup waiting for you!
My dry skin is starting to act up too, this year its attacked my chin on top of all the other usually places. I've been picking at it like its the thing to do and I need to stop! But ughh it just annoys me!
"asian burrito" heeee :) hope you get better soon babe! pick up some Danactive the next time you're at the store (it's like a lil yogurt shot) - they've got those probiotics to boost your immune system!
I hope you get better soon!
get better soooon!! its good to have an SO that takes care of you =)
Hey hey, how's the cold? Hope it's getting better :)
I'd totally fly you out to Hawaii for a vaca/to take pics of my bf and I for our engagement/wedding photos!!! (>_<) One day, one day!! :D
asian burrito, hehe. joseph uses that phrase too!
Post a Comment