Wednesday, October 7, 2009

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND pt.2

yes.. this is part 2.. because i haven't gotten the pics from my friend (which would be pt1). SO.. once i get those pics, i'll post a few (;






SATURDAY (oct 3) dinner w/ family + boyfriend + brother's gf
at FUNASHIN in fountain valley, ca
we usually go once a year to eat at whatever restaurant our friend/fav sushi chef, SEI, works at. there used to be a restaurant called YAMABUKI at the bottom of the PARADISE PIER hotel in disneyland.. but apparently it closed back in april! :( but he's known us since FOREVER.. so we called him and found out the new place he's working at. whew! ;) aaanyway i'm not sure how the actual dinner dishes are there since we only ate at the sushi bar.. but.. the sushi's really good! :)



GIGANTICCCCC piece of ice!! my eyes seriously bugged out hahahaha it was about the same size as the cup it was in!





*plumeria (corrected by wuzzy hahaha thanks!) is loveee. they had a branch nearby in a vase and one fell off.. so i claimed it as mine.





my birthday dessert! yumm~ flavors: azuki (red bean), chocolate, something fruity, orange, green tea. ALL good :) good enough to justify me having to sit through the birthday song (i get so embarrassed!).






the special dessert from sei.. heheh :) he's so talented!! and this isn't even the BEST one he's made (but still awesome).





SUNDAY (oct 4--actual bday).. spent resting and doing our assignment that was due the next day, called "INTERVIEW". i scripted, boyfriend filmed, i translated and subtitled, he did (most of) the editing in FINAL CUT PRO. i think it's kinda cute, hehehe :3

Etsuko Sakamoto - Interview for MPV161 from Bryant Swanstrom on Vimeo.





BUY MOTOJEWELRY ANYTIME IN OCT, DONATE $10 TO BREASTCANCER.ORG OR PHILIPPINE RED CROSS! http://motojewelry.blogspot.com !

28 comments:

Nu Nu Dollie said...

Happy late bday :)

Kalmo said...

Waah Happy Late Birthday Sarah! I had no idea it was coming up, sorry. That ice cream boat looks so good! Congrats to another year! :)

eki said...

Hi Izu chan! Im sorry for the late belated bday wishes >_< I havent been around so Im so sorry! your interview looks so good! edition was really good! what kind of camera did you use its so high def and clear and crisp :D

she has same last name as you is she related to you? hope you had a great bday!!

eki said...

oops not edition but editing LOL XP

Angela said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com/

Catherine said...

Oooh, looks like a fab bday - the desserts look AMAZING!

And cute video!! I loved it. :D

wuzzyangel said...

Looks more like plumeria then a freesia! LOL! But Dang that's a giant ice!! So where's the sushi?! LOL! But the dessert & oranges look good! LOL!


la la la... You might get something in the mail.... OR when I see you later this month... la la la

Anastacia said...

I didn't know about your birthday! Happy belated birthday!

I love this pictures! All of them! Looks so professionaly and so inspiring!!

k* said...

happy belated birthday!

your interview video was great...
very enjoyable to watch

the lady seems like such a sweet person~

Ahleessa said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm glad to hear you had a good one. :)

Sassy J'adore said...

Happy belated birthday, hun.
That dessert looks yummy. =)

rae630 said...

awww! happy birthday!!!! <3 Rina

Lulu said...

happy belated birthday! ice cream looks so yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

OoOo the video is awesome!!

And pretty plumeria!!

Bijin Blair said...

happy belated birthday, sarah dear!!

Jamilla Camel said...

Happy Belated Birthday! The flowers and ice cream look so good together!

K said...

That's your mom, right? (sorry if it isn't!) Honestly, the interview with your mom was A LOT of fun to watch!!! I really want to meet your mom now! And YOU must understand a lot more Japanese than you have let on if you can translate all your mom has said!!! サラちゃんのお母さんに会いたくなったよ!

ilovepink said...

happpy late bday!! i havent been blogging for awhile and stop commenting on people's blog...lol gosh ive been lagging

the food looks so good.. i want some ice cream =] hehe

i hope ur doing well!! whenever ur back in la... let me know.. we should meet up.. hahaa what happen to our get together? lol

i misss talking to u online =]

have a gooood weekend!

Iyah Love said...

Belated happy birthday! :] looks like you had so much fun! :] what a yummy dessert! :D

Lolita Riot said...

omg that ice cream boat!! youre killing me here! p.s. happy birthday again :)

Yumeko said...

happy belated birthday again!!!

Anonymous said...

belated happy bday :D

Mona said...

Happy Belated Sweetie!!!!

the ice cream dessert looks money!

Stephanie said...

did you know I loveeee oranges!? especially at chinese buffets lol, cause they're FREE!

Can't wait for your next blog post lady :D

mayaari said...

happy belated birthday - all those desserts look yummy :) I'll have to watch the video when I get home (I'm at work and something's up with the sound on my laptop)!

Toothfairy said...

oh happy belated bday!

*loves*

Anonymous said...

The orange design is the cutest! I would have been so happy if I got that!

Ahleessa said...

Was your dog okay after the pit bull attacked his/her throat? I would be traumatized if that ever happened to Tobey! I don't blame you for what you went through *huggles*.

My friend told me a similar story to yours. Her neighbor's dog, pit bull, jumped over their fence to my friend's backyard and took a bite out of the Chihuahua. She said you could see the intestine of the dog *sigh*! :( The neighbor paid for half and than moved away from their place. :/