Tagged by the AWESOMELY CREATIVE FOTD mistress, Anastacia!
The question is: If you were going to allow us to spend a night at your home, we'd like to know the following:
1. What books are on your favourite shelf?
i honestly haven't sat down and read a new book in a WHILEE.. i usually read when i'm at my parents' house and can't go to sleep (when i've read all of the blog posts, of course). i LOVE the redwall series by brian jacques. aand.. to kill a mockingbird. and great gatsby. and a vampire series that ISN'T twilight (can't remember the name.. my ex lent them to me.. but took them back when we broke up). i used to be a complete bookworm :) i'd go to the library often and finish a book by the time i got home OR by that night (though usually i'd finish about 2-3 before i slept). and i attempted to read war and peace in 8th grade.. though.. i failed. i think i want to try again though, hahaha :)
2. What DVDs are on your favourite shelf?
OO i love the "oceans" series (12, 13, 14).. 300(!!), all of miyazaki's movies ("totoro", "mononoke hime", etc), and ridiculous movies like "monty python and the holy grail"... though i HATED "napoleon dynamite". aaand.. i love.. "the holiday" (with cameron diaz).. "ps. i love you".. yea :) hahaha.
3. What are you two favourite cook books?
my mom and my dad. LOL. seriously, i don't think i've opened up a real cook book. oh, well i guess we find recipes online sometimes..
4. Select 1-3 recipes you will cook for your special guests?
i'd make the bf make his balsamic vinegar steak+onions.. hmmm.. i dunno. i prefer baking :)
5. What will we be drinking that's available?
TEA!! lots and lots of tea, mostly jasmine :) haha. some water.. we usually have arizona green tea though that's been lacking lately.
I'd love to share with this tag with:
1. Millie
2. Wuzzy (yes, i'm back to spamming you with awards, hahahaha)
3. Catherine
4. Mai
5. Blair
1. HMM no idea if i've posted this somewhere before but i LOVE baking! i used to make cookies for all holidays :) peanut butter, chocolate chip and sugar cookies.. fav. time was christmas since we had the christmas-shaped cookie cutters already, hahaha. i'd make like.. 300! package them.. and disperse them to friends/family/teachers throughout 2 days. i'd love to do that now but i don't know if the cookies would travel well through mail :\
2. when i buy new clothes, i love wearing them right when i get them. when i get new makeup (especially more expensive ones), i tend to want to hoard them away until i use up the rest of the "cheaper" items. then later, i tend to go through my makeup and.. give it away! LOL. or put it up on my blogsale. sigh.
3. i have a very vivid imagination. as in, i tend to imagine the WORST POSSIBLE situation. which doesn't help when i'm already feeling sad.. and often times stresses me out for no reason. if i start to get anxious, i get REALLY anxious. which is why i can't stand being in a long distance relationship.. or having the bf be at a party that i'm not at. my brain goes NUTS!
4. i also make really random observations or ask really random questions.. especially when it gets late at night. but, anytime really. also, i think the best conversations happen at night. and i have yet to figure out why.
5. i LOVE planning events.. but i hate planning what to do on my birthday. for every high school dance, i would be THE planner (i guess you can call me a control freak xD hahaha). for my senior year prom, i designed a background (according to the theme of the dance) with all of the information of where to be/times/etc and handed it out to everyone.. and i think i changed it 2-3 times too. um, OCD? hahaha.
6. i'm sure most of you know this already but MY BOYFRIEND AND I are in process of opening up a business (: WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY!! shameless plug, i know :) hahaa. so if you're in the SOCAL area and want to check us out, here's our website (also still in process): http://www.bkswanstudios.com ! we're also branching into wedding VIDEOGRAPHY as well. contact us for more information if you're interested! ;) we're based in the SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA region but are working on (right now!) a destination wedding package. we ALSO do portraits, couples, engagements, etc. as well as any other needs; if we don't specialize in it, we can refer you to someone (that we know) who does.
THESE ARE *NOT* MY PICTURES!
as you can tell by THEIR watermark. i do NOT claim ANY sort of right or ownership with these images. they belong to SCRANGIE and NAILPHILE respectively. if you don't follow them already, you def' should! they always post really awesome nail swatches (:
anyways~ i just wanted to snatch 'em for a second to show you what's been catching my eye in the nail world ;) aahh i'd love to have them, but i need a base+top coat so they last more than 5 minutes!! :(





14 comments:
Wow! That NOTDs are awesome!!!
ThanQ for doing this tag! very glad :D
Awww! "mom food" is the best 4ever! :P
love the NOTD.. is that your real nails?? i can't grow nails that long... *SIGH** btw,, they look so gorgeous..
Hehehehehe, so cute! And OMG I TOTALLY TRIED TO READ WAR AND PEACE IN 8TH GRADE TOO!!! LOL!!! I also adore the Oceans series and all the Miyazaki films! & tea! I have a whole cupboard of tea! :D :D :D
Ooooh how exciting on the wedding photography! I'm not getting married anytime soon but I am so booking you guys when I do!! :D :D :D
Aaaaand, OMFG I saw Nail Junkie this morning and like, squealed when I saw it too! It really does look like glittering water!!
if we're having tea at your place, can we have it bubble style? bubble tea please?! :)
and LADDdyy!! that's so awesome that you and BF are starting your own photog business!!! I am confident you guys will do great! you're already so talented! two talents combined is gonna be killlllurrr!
I love jasmine tea. It's my favorite beside green tea.
I'm the same...mom & dad cook books...haha
Oh wow the nails are hot hot hot!!! :) I'm really digging the last one by China Glaze.
i saw some of the recent posts on scrangie and i sooooo want to get super glittery polishes now!
that's so great that you and your bf are starting up a business together! If i were in socal i'd totally hire you two to do photographs!
i did lots of baking in high school, did the whole make 1000 cookies/brownies and package them up for gifts :) thinking of doing something like that this year, since I'm trying not to go broke with holiday gifts for bloggers =P
Those are some purrdy NOTDS even if they're not yours! LOL! And dammit again with the tagging?! LOL! Hehe...
I used to love the Christopher Pike vampire series "The Last Vampire" in HS. And recently I love Kim Harrison's "The Hollows" series.. I'm ADDICTED to that series right now! :)
Ah The Holy Grail, love that movie! :D Parents do cook the best, I could never hope to be as good as my mother in cooking lol. Mm baking! I wish I was good at that too. I like planning events too because I don't like things left up in the air. LOL at your clothing and HE makeup usage style.
Congrats on all the awards Sarah. Congrats on starting the business with the BF!
i love this post because it reminds me that even though i've known you for years... theres still plenty to learn <3
Yaaay! Thanks! XD
Love all the answers, especially the one for the books and the one for the recipes--I get recipes from my grandma and my mom and, of course, the internet! XD
I love to bake too!!!
I have a crazy imagination too lol!! that why I cant watch graphic movies :\! you want me todo an angelina look?? lol oh that will be a challenge lol Ill do it after my halloween series since I dont know if anyone would go as her for halloween lol unless you want to? lol
Hey, LOVE!! I'm TOTALLY with you on your #1-4 under the Gorgeous Blogger award ALL THE WAY!! i LOOVEEEE baking sweet treats! YUM! not only do I feel happy when people enjoy the cookies/brownies/cakes, I also get to eat it...and they taste the best when they come hot and fresh out of the oven! >:P I have a VERY vivid imagination...which explains why I cannot stand horror/gory movies! they scare the BIJEEZUS out of me! and I most def. agree with you about the bf + party = no-no! point! hehe! but yes new makeup...i always want to save it! even clothing sometimes because I'd want save it for the *perfect* occasion! hehe :]
Congrats on the new up and coming wedding photog. biz, though! :D best of luck to you two on that, my dear!
<3 caroline
ps. you SILLY girl! I believe that when we did that swap way back when [i know it was only at the beginning of summer but it feels like forever!), I sent you a Base Coat!! have you tried it yet?
Post a Comment